Notes: Rahu and Ketu are stationary for three months (May 4 to August 5.) This is never an easy time and generally produces stress worldwide. In this case, they may prolong problems relative to the global pandemic, the weather and environment, global economics, and societal upheavals.
It also appears that the transit of Mars in the 8th house, while under the close 5th aspect of Ketu, in the SAMVA* chart/horoscope for the USA, gave rise the recent violence and protests nationwide. The overall duration of this impact is May 4 — June 17, with the severe impact being May 22 – June 8. *Systemsʻ Approach to Mundane Astrology (https://groups.io/g/samva).
Additionally, we are in the 2-week period between the Prenumbral Lunar Eclipse (June 6th) and the Annular Solar Eclipse (June 21st). Experience shows this period is typically challenging. Do not take risks and chances. Get extra rest and be careful and patient with everyone and everything, and at all times. Watch for unfavorable news about a well-known person.
P.S. Four planets, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn, are retrograde; read about their impact below.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits out of Taurus on June 14th at 1:23 p.m. CDT. Sun is conjunct Rahu, June 14 – 24. Leaders, physicians, administrators and government officials should be careful and patient. Sun also remains under the 4th aspect of Mars until June 21st. This recent month-long influence connected the government with military, police and national security activity. Taurus, Virgo and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies and countries should continue to be careful and patient for one more week.
- Moon is waning and transits Aquarius, Pisces and Aries.
- Mars transits Aquarius, from 25:15 to 29:44° and is weak in degrees. The military, police, athletes, executives, surgeons, engineers, construction workers and managers should get extra rest. Expect less with property matters.
- Mercury transits its own sign, Gemini, from 18:46 to 20:37°. Mercury is in good degrees and is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for stocks, business, finance, technology, communications and intellectual property. Mercury is retrograde until July 12th. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons – and only when Mercury is within 5 degrees of a personʻs rising sign degree or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Jupiter transits its debilitation sign, Capricorn, (where it remains until June 29th) from 01:55 to 01:17°. This is considered “infant state degrees” and undermines the strength of Jupiter and its significations, such as law, banking, religion, education, husbands, children, teachers, advisors and consultants. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until Sept. 13th. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons – and only when Jupiter is within 5 degrees of a personʻs rising sign degree or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Venus transits its own sign, Taurus, from 15:01 to 12:10°. This should be favorable for women, romance, medicine, finance, entertainment and the fine, healing, and performing arts. Venus is in retrograde motion, May 13 – June 25. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons – and only when Venus is within 5 degrees of a personʻs rising sign degree or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Saturn transits Capricorn, from 07:03 to 06:42°. Saturn is in good strength and outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be an improvement for the masses, the elderly, the poor and needy, agriculture, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Saturn is in retrograde motion, May 11 – Sept. 29. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Cancer, Virgo and Pisces rising sign persons – and only when Saturn is within 5 degrees of a personʻs rising sign degree or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 04:59 to 04:59° (stationary). This represents stress for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 4 and 5 degrees –or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of his or her rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
Note: Rahu and Ketu are stationary for three months (May 4 to August 5.) This stationary position is never an easy time and generally produces stress worldwide.
In this case, they may prolong problems relative to the global pandemic, the weather and environment, global economics, and most recently, societal upheavals.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Continue to focus on income and friendships connected with hard work and your career – through June 18th. Teach, publish, advise and be of service to others. Take care of your children, education and investments June, 15 – 24. Work on entrepreneurial writing, business and communications projects through July.
- Taurus: Continue to lead – but with patience. Take care of property, vehicles and family life, June 15 – 24. Focus on organizing skills and long-distance ventures at work. Pets, children, investments, education and spiritual pursuits should do well through July. Be vigilant, however, to manage debts, disputes, and health or legal issues – also through July.
- Gemini: Recent entrepreneurial expenses dissipate. You may be restless and ambitious, but exercise vigilance with communications and your own initiatives through June 22nd — and then expect a lift. Connect relationships with your spiritual path. There may be expenses with pets, children, education and investments through July.
- Cancer: Exercise patience at work to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents through June 17th. Focus on research. Enjoy a few more days of income and friendships connected with authority figures and large organizations. Be vigilant June 14 – 22 to protect your status and family life. Gain from property, vehicles, home life, women, and the arts through July.
- Leo: Shift your attention to income, friendships and siblings. You may be ambitious and restless, June 14 – 22, but be careful with addictions and social norms and do not take risks and chances. Expect highs and lows with joint ventures through June 17. Manage stress with children, education and investments through June. Gain from writing, business, communications, women, the arts and entrepreneurial ventures through July.
- Virgo: Focus on your career, writing, business and communications. Be vigilant to manage sudden expenses and separations June 14 – 22. Protect money, marital and legal matters through June 17. Property, vehicles and home life are connected with children, education and investments, but be patient to manage debts or disputes with same. Listen to the women in your life and expect good fortune through July.
- Libra: Recent setbacks with income, friendships, siblings, and authority figures begin to dissipate, but be vigilant to manage sudden issues with same, June 14 – 22. Spend another week connecting partnerships and relationships with property, children, education, spiritual pursuits, and investments. Work out of your home on independent projects through June. Focus on research, insurance, Wills, marriage and mystical sciences through July.
- Scorpio: Slow down a bit at work and with relationships. Be especially vigilant to manage sudden issues with your career, June 14 – 22. There may be setbacks at work through mid-July, and with income and friendships through July. Expenses and separations are also likely. Focus on research and knowledge. Entrepreneurial ventures may be your best bet for the next 2 years.
- Sagittarius: Finish up entrepreneurial ventures with children, education and investments. Take care of father figures and with authority figures, June 14 – 22. There may be a sudden event. Speak up as a teacher, publisher and advisor through June. Connect your career with partnerships and joint ventures through July. Manage debts and disputes with income and friendships through July.
- Capricorn: Expect a mixture of highs and lows. Be especially vigilant with money, legal, and marital matters, and to avoid accidents, June 14 – 22. Insomnia, expenses, separations or long-distance ventures are possible through June. Speak up, with courage. Property, vehicles, and home life remain forefront. Connect your career with children, education and spiritual pursuits through July; these should do well.
- Aquarius: Be patient with relationships and be especially vigilant, June 14 – 22. These are vulnerable to sudden issues. Entrepreneurial ventures are forefront for another week. Be courageous and make executive decisions. Good fortune is with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life through July. Consider retreats, relocation or international projects over the next 2 years.
- Pisces: Be patient with debts, disputes, health and legal issues, and be especially vigilant with same June 14 – 22. These are vulnerable to sudden events. Your best bet is connecting partnerships with property, vehicles and home life through July. Work out of your home on writing, business, brokering, communications and intellectual property. Connect income and friendships with retreats, institutions, and international ventures. Gain from hard work for the next 2 years.
About the Author: David Hawthorne
Photo by Eye for Ebony on Unsplash