Note: Rahu and Ketu are stationary for three months (May 4 to August 5.) This is never an easy time and generally produces stress worldwide. In this case, they may prolong problems relative to the global pandemic, the weather and environment, global economics, and societal upheavals.
If you are feeling really strange, anxious, restless, vulnerable, hungry-all-the time, out-of-sorts/control and/or wrestling with addictions, then you most likely have Rahu and Ketu within 5 degrees of your rising sign degree, or one or more of your planets, by aspect or conjunction.
Unfortunately, we cannot hurry along the planets, so exercise patience during this transit and do the recommended planetary remedies for your chart. Be especially vigilant with your diet, sleep, and spiritual practices – and avoid taking on additional stress or dealing with stressful people and situations.
Additionally, we are still in the 2-week period between the Prenumbral Lunar Eclipse (June 6th) and the Annular Solar Eclipse (June 21st). Experience shows this period is typically challenging. Do not take risks and chances. Get extra rest and be careful and patient with everyone and everything.
In my weekly columns from last July and August, in addition to other problems, I indicated a global pandemic when referring to the 8-month Rahu/Ketu affliction to Saturn. (Saturn rules the masses, Rahu rules virus/poison, Ketu rules inflammation.)
Now, a new study from Harvard Medical School claims that Covid-19 may have been circulating in China as early as August 2019.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Gemini, from 03:17 to 09:58°. Sun is conjunct Rahu, until June 23rd. There may be a sudden and unexpected event for leaders, presidents, physicians, administrators and government officials. (For example, the soon-to-be-released bombshell book written by former U.S. National Security Advisor, John Bolton.)
- Moon is waning and transits Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer.
- Mars transits out of Aquarius and into Pisces on June 18th at 9:45 a.m. Mars is weak in degrees until June 26th. The military, police, athletes, executives, surgeons, engineers, construction workers and managers are vulnerable and should get extra rest. Expect less with property matters.
- Mercury transits its own sign, Gemini, from 20:37 to 18:54°. This should be favorable for stocks, busines, technology and communications. Mercury is retrograde until July 12th. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons – and only when Mercury is within 5 degrees of the personʻs rising sign degree or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Jupiter transits its debilitation sign, Capricorn, (where it remains until June 29th) from 01:17 to 00:33°. This is considered “infant state degrees” and undermines the strength of Jupiter and its significations, such as law, banking, religion, education, husbands, children, teachers, advisors and consultants. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until Sept. 13th. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons – and only when Jupiter is within 5 degrees of a personʻs rising sign degree or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Venus transits its own sign, Taurus, from 12:10 to 11:11°. This should be favorable for women, romance, medicine, finance, entertainment and the fine, healing, and performing arts. Venus is in retrograde motion, May 13 – June 25. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons – and only when Venus is within 5 degrees of a personʻs rising sign degree or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Saturn transits Capricorn, from 06:42 to 06:18°. Saturn is in good strength and outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be an improvement for the masses, the elderly, the poor and needy, agriculture, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Saturn is in retrograde motion, May 11 – Sept. 29. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Cancer, Virgo and Pisces rising sign persons – and only when Saturn is within 5 degrees of a personʻs rising sign degree or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 04:59 to 04:57° (stationary). This represents stress for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 4 and 5 degrees –or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of his or her rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Be vigilant for a couple of days to manage sudden issues with your children, education, investments. Communications and entrepreneurial projects may be vulnerable to debts and disputes through July; while partnerships and joint ventures contribute to your status in life. Shift your attention to retreats, institutional life or foreign lands.
- Taurus: Be vigilant for a few days with property, vehicles and home life. Expect a lift with your children, education and investments. Women and the arts are forefront, but be careful to manage debts, disputes, health or legal issues through July. Expect gains from institutions or long-distance ventures, along with expenses and separations with income and friendships through mid-August.
- Gemini: Be vigilant for a couple of days with health, communications, authority figures and entrepreneurial ventures – and then expect a lift. Property, vehicles and family life are forefront. Focus on business, technology and intellectual property. You may be restless and ambitious. Be patient with expenses with pets, children, education and investments through July.
- Cancer: Be vigilant for a couple of days with what you have to say and with what you eat. Be patient with expenses or separations with entrepreneurial ventures through July. Expect good fortune with your professional life June 27 – August 2. Gain from property, vehicles, home life, women, and the arts through July.
- Leo: Be vigilant for a couple of days; donʻt take risks or chances. Focus on income, friendships and siblings. Gain from business, technology, communications, intellectual property and family life. Manage stress with children, education and investments through June. Connect your career with women, the arts, and entrepreneurial ventures through July.
- Virgo: Be patient for a couple of days with expenses and separations. Focus on your career, along with business, stocks, technology, communications and intellectual property. Connect retreats, institutions and long-distance ventures with work through mid-July. Expect good fortune in general through July.
- Libra: Be patient for a couple of days with income, friendships and siblings, and then expect a lift. Consider long-distance places/travel through July. Expect relief with relationships. Focus on research, insurance, Wills, marriage and mystical sciences through July. Partnerships and joint ventures should do well for you June 27 – Aug. 2.
- Scorpio: Be vigilant at work for a couple days to manage sudden issues and to avoid accidents. Be patient with income and friendships through June; these are vulnerable. Take care of your pets, children, education and investments through mid-August. There may be debts, disputes, health or legal issues. Your best bet is to work on independent projects from home through Feb. 2022.
- Sagittarius: Be vigilant for a couple of days with father and authority figures, and then expect a lift with relationships. Connect work with partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. Children, education and investments are associated with home life through mid-August. Focus on entrepreneurial ventures through February 2022.
- Capricorn: Be vigilant for a couple of days to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents. A windfall is possible before mid-July. Take care of father figures; these are vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues. Study the arts and connect your career with children, education and investments through July. Work out of your home on independent projects through mid-August.
- Aquarius: Be vigilant for a couple of days to manage sudden issues with relationships. Then, connect partnerships and joint ventures with pets, children, education and investments through mid-July. A windfall or setback with these may also be possible. Expect a lift with property, vehicles, and home life through July, along with entrepreneurial success through mid-August.
- Pisces: Be vigilant for a couple of days to manage debts, disputes, health and legal issues. Fire, theft, cheating, or false allegations against you are possible, but short-lived. Connect relationships with property, vehicles, and home life through July. A lift — and courage — are on the way. Be direct, make decisions and take action
About the author: David Hawthorne