Note: It appears that the transit of Mars in the 8th house, while under the close 5th aspect of Ketu, in the SAMVA* chart/horoscope for the USA, gave rise the recent violence and protests nationwide.
The overall duration of this impact is May 4 — June 17, with the severe impact being May 22 – June 8.
*Systemsʻ Approach to Mundane Astrology (https://groups.io/g/samva).
Additionally, here is the prediction from my columns on both May 21st and May 28th:
“Sun is under the 4th aspect of Mars until June 21st. This month-long influence connects the government with military, police and national security activity.”
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Taurus from 19:54 to 26:36°. Sun is under the 4th aspect of Mars until June 21st. This month-long influence connects the government with military, police and national security activity. Taurus, Virgo and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
- Moon is waxing/waning and transits Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn and into Aquarius. The full (strawberry) Moon is in its debilitation sign, Scorpio, on June 5th at 2:12 p.m. CDT.
- Mars transits Aquarius, from 20:40 to 25:15°. This should be favorable for the military, police, athletes, executives, surgeons, engineers, construction workers and managers and property matters.
- Mercury transits its own sign, Gemini, from 13:37 to 18:46°. Mercury is in good degrees and is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for stocks, business, finance, technology, communications and intellectual property.
- Jupiter transits its debilitation sign, Capricorn, (where it remains until June 29th) from 02:26 to 01:55°. This is considered “infant state degrees” and undermines the strength of Jupiter and its significations, such as law*, banking, religion, education, husbands, children, teachers, advisors and consultants. * Protests include riots and attacks on law enforcement personnel. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until Sept. 13th.
- Venus transits its own sign, Taurus, from 19:09 to 15:01°. This should be favorable for women, romance, medicine, finance, entertainment and the fine, healing, and performing arts. Venus is in retrograde motion, May 13 – June 25.
- Saturn transits Capricorn, from 07:21 to 07:03°. Saturn is in good strength and outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be an improvement for the masses, the elderly, the poor and needy, agriculture, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Saturn is in retrograde motion, May 11 – Sept. 29.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 04:59 to 04:59° (stationary). This represents stress for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 4 and 5 degrees –or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of his or her rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
Note: Rahu and Ketu are stationary for three months (May 4 to August 5.) This is never an easy time and generally produces stress worldwide.
In this case, they may prolong problems relative to the global pandemic, the weather and environment, global economics, and, most recently, societal upheavals.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Focus on income and friendships connected with your career and hard work. Teach, publish, advise and be of service to others. Consider entrepreneurial projects with writing, business and communications. Enjoy your children, education and investments through mid-June. Take a leadership position and speak up as an authority figure.
- Taurus: Focus on property and management skills at work. There may be an international venture. Expect an improvement with your children, investments and education. Take a leadership position in general and expect a lift with property, vehicles and home life through mid-June. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, and health or legal issues through July.
- Gemini: Be patient with losses and expenses with entrepreneurial ventures. There may be both gains and setbacks with income and friendships. Expect a lift with property, vehicles and home life. You are most likely restless and ambitious but do not take chances. Connect relationships with your spiritual path. There may be expenses with pets, children, education and investments through July.
- Cancer: Be patient at work to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents through June 17th. Focus on research. Expect income and friendships connected with authority figures and large organizations. There may be losses with entrepreneurial ventures until August 1st. Gain from property, vehicles, home life, women, and the arts through July.
- Leo: Be a leader at work and connect with large organizations and authority figures. There may be recognition for your efforts. Consider joint ventures, but be patient with debts and disputes with same. Manage stress with children, education and investments through June. Work with women, the arts, and entrepreneurial ventures through July.
- Virgo: Focus on your career – connected with writing, business and communications. Be vigilant with money and marriage through June 17th. You may be involved in a long-distance venture. Connect property, vehicles and home life with children, education and investments, but manage debts, disputes, or health issues with same. Listen to the women in your life. Most things are favorable through July.
- Libra: Connect relationships, property, vehicles and home life with children, education and investments. Expect both gains and setbacks with income and friendships through mid-June. Work out of your home on independent projects through June. Focus on research, insurance, Wills, marriage and mystical sciences through July. Consider investments for the next 2 years.
- Scorpio: Connect your work with partnerships through mid-June. Manage debts and disputes with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life through June 17th Teach, publish and advise, independently, through June. Expect both gains and setbacks with income, and friendships through July. Relationships are vulnerable to expenses and separations through July.
- Sagittarius: Expect a lift with your career — due to partnerships and joint ventures. Connect children, education, investments and property with entrepreneurial ventures through June 17th. Speak up as a teacher, publisher and advisor through June. Manage debts and disputes with income and friendships through July.
- Capricorn: Be patient with short-lived setbacks with children, education, and investments through mid-June; a windfall, however, is also possible. Insomnia, expenses, separations or long-distance venture are forefront. Be direct and speak with courage. Property, vehicles, and home life are forefront. Teach, publish and advise through June.
- Aquarius: Connect joint ventures and partnerships with property, vehicles and home life; work on and out of your home. Focus on independent projects through June 17th. Be direct and make decisions. Good fortune is with your family life through July. Consider retreats, relocation or international projects over the next 2 years.
- Pisces: Be vigilant with communications, and patient with expenses and separations through June 17th. Connect partnerships and joint ventures with property, vehicles and home life through July. Pursue writing, stocks, business, technology, and intellectual property – working out of your home. Connect income and friendships with retreats, institutions, and international ventures – and gain from hard work for the next 2 years.
About the Author: David Hawthorne