Sun, Mars and Mercury are all under the influence of Rahu.
There may be sudden issues relative to stocks, business, finance, property, (including fires, explosions, volcanoes, earthquakes or weather-related events) technology, communications, health and computer viruses, the police and military, leaders, surgeons, athletes, presidents, administrators and governments.
Lay low, get extra rest, and do not take risks or chances.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Aquarius, from 06:55 to 13:58°. Sun is conjunct Mercury, Feb. 23 – 28. Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient as Mercury rules their 6th, 12th and 8th (inauspicious) houses, respectively. Sun is also under the 9th aspect of Rahu, February 21 – 29. Watch your stomach, digestion, heart, blood, bones and immune system. Watch for sudden news about leaders, surgeons, presidents, administrators and governments.
- Moon is waning/waxing and transits Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. The new Moon is in Aquarius, February 23rd.
- Mars transits Sagittarius from 08:27 to 13:17°. Mars is under the influence of both Rahu and Ketu until March 2nd. This causes extreme fluctuations with the police, the military, executives, athletes, construction, engineering, sporting events and property matters — including volcanoes, earthquakes and weather-related events.
- Mercury transits Aquarius from 17:52 to 11:30°. Mercury is conjunct Sun, Feb. 23 – 28. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient as Sun rules their 12th, 8th, and 6th (inauspicious) houses, respectively. Mercury is also under the 9th aspect of Rahu until March 2nd. Expect fluctuations with stocks, writing, business, brokering, finances, technology, communications, health and computer viruses. Mercury is retrograde until March 9th. Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT a problem for most people. Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons, however, should be careful and patient whenever Mercury is close to their rising sign degree or any other planet — in any house — by aspect or conjunction.
- Jupiter transits its own sign, Sagittarius, from 23:32 to 24:53°. Jupiter is in good strength and outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be favorable for law, religion, education, teaching, consulting and legal matters.
- Venus transits its exaltation sign, Pisces, from 20:16 to 28:13°. This should be favorable for women, luxuries, romance, conveyances, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts.
- Saturn transits Capricorn, from 03:02 to 03:45°. Saturn is in its own (favorable) sign, Capricorn, but is weak in degrees until March 11th. Be patient with manufacturing, agriculture and the oil, gas and minerals industries. This suggests some weakness for the masses, immigrants, the elderly, the poor and needy, and working-class persons. (President Trump Opens Door to Cuts to Medicare and Other Entitlement Programs.)
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 13:05 to 12:00°. This represents stress for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 11 and 13 degrees – or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of his or her rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Focus on father/eligious figures and long-distance journeys of short duration. You may be ambitious, but do not take risks or chances (wear a helmet during extreme activities). Be vigilant with debts, disputes, health and legal issues. Relationships are vulnerable to expenses and separations.
- Taurus: Be vigilant at work to manage your leadership, authority figures and large organizations. There may be sudden issues relative to property, vehicles, home life, children, education, investments, expenses and separations. Gain from women, finances and legal matters, but be patient with income and friendships.
- Gemini: Focus on father/religious figures or long-distance journeys. Be vigilant with your health, communications and entrepreneurial ventures. These, along with property, vehicles and home life, are vulnerable. Connect work with women, children, education and investments. Upgrade your work space and wardrobe.
- Cancer: Lay low and get extra rest. Be vigilant at work and with authority figures to manage sudden debts, disputes, health or legal issues. Be patient with communications and entrepreneurial ventures. Focus on research, knowledge and mystical sciences. Expect good fortune with women, property, vehicles and home life.
- Leo: Focus on partnerships and joint ventures, but be vigilant to manage sudden issues all around. Protect your health, status, father/religious figures, and family life. There may be setbacks with siblings, communications and entrepreneurial ventures. Work on research, knowledge and mystical sciences.
- Virgo: Get extra rest and use a great deal of patience. There may be sudden issues relative to conflicts, finances, sleep patterns, foreign lands and legal and health concerns. Postpone meetings with doctors, lawyers, or bankers for one week. Your best bet is with marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Libra: Focus on your health, finances and legal paperwork and avoid conflicts. There may be sudden issues relative to income, friendship, siblings, partnerships, joint ventures, sleep patterns and foreign lands. Your best bet is with independent projects, teaching, publishing and consulting.
- Scorpio: Work out of your home on business and communications, but be vigilant with income, friendships and authority figures; these are vulnerable to sudden issues. Same holds true for your health, finances, and legal situations. Children, education and investments remain subject to expenses and separations. Focus on independent projects.
- Sagittarius: Focus on property, vehicles, home life, art, music and luxuries. Redecorate your living space and consider a new car. Be vigilant with your career and authority figures. There may also be sudden issues with your children, education and investments. Be patient, measure your words and teach, publish and advise.
- Capricorn: Focus on your career and independent projects connected with women and the fine, healing or performing arts. Be vigilant. Do not take risks or chances. There may be setbacks or accidents relative to marriage or windfalls — or expenses and separations with property, vehicles, and home life.
- Aquarius: Enjoy your wealth, status and family life, but be vigilant with joint ventures and independent, entrepreneurial projects. These are vulnerable to sudden issues. Be patient with setbacks and to avoid accidents. Writing, business, technology, leadership, communications, and relationships are forefront.
- Pisces: Lay low and stay rested. Relationships are vulnerable to expenses and separations. Be vigilant with your health, finances, conflicts and legal issues. There may be sudden events with your status and family life. Focus on your career; make decisions, consider property matters, teach, publish and advise.
About the Author: David Hawthorne