Note: Saturn remains closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th.
This rare and slow-moving transit is causing serious problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas and minerals industries.
Events may include pandemics, military conflicts, economic collapses and global-warming issues (fires, floods, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tropical storms, et al).
Recent Headlines Relative to Saturn/Ketu:
(These have been moved to the bottom of this weekly column – so that you have the option to NOT read this past week’s negative news.)
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Cancer, from 07:52 to 14:33°. This connects the government with water, changes, creativity, the public, and family life. Sun is outside the orb of influence of other planets, but is co-dependent on the strength of its fast-moving and frequently weak dispositor (landlord), Moon. Leaders, physicians, administrators and governments are vulnerable to fluctuations.
- Moon is waning and transits Aries, Taurus, Gemini, and into Cancer. The new Moon is in Cancer, July 31st.
- Mars transits its debilitation sign, Cancer, from 20:37 to 25:04°. Mars is under the 9th aspect of Jupiter until August 1st. Taurus, Cancer, and Virgo rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) are likely under stress. (NOTE THE TENSION WITH IRAN.) Mars is debilitated until August 9th. This is NOT ideal for the military, police, surgeons, athletes, executives, firefighters and property matters.
- Mercury transits out of Cancer and back into its own sign, Gemini, on July 30th. Mercury is retrograde until August 1. Retrograde Mercury causes issues only for Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons — and only if Mercury is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree or any planet in any house in their birth or transit chart, by aspect or conjunction. Mercury is weak in degrees until August 11th. Be careful with stocks, business, technology and communications.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 20:50 to 20:32°. Jupiter is outside the orb of other planets, which should be favorable for law, religion and education. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until August 11th. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries, (including USA), should be vigilant whenever Jupiter is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree or any planet in any house in their birth or transit chart, by aspect or conjunction.
- Venus transits Cancer from 02:20 to 10:57°. This connects women with law, medicine, education, family life, and the fine, healing and performing arts — associated with the public, spas, hotels, clinics, hospitals, restaurants, et al.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 22:00 to 21:30°. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 18th and is closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th. This rare and slow-moving transit is causing serious problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Events may include pandemics, military conflicts, economic collapses and global-warming issues (fires, floods, cyclones, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, tropical storms, et al).
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 23:23 to 23:27°. Rahu and Ketu are “stationary” in the 23-degree range June 2 – August 18. This indicates significant stress for those persons with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) between 22 to 24 degrees – or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a person’s rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Focus on property, vehicles and home life – connected with marriage, partnerships, children, education and investments. Redecorate your home and consider a new car. Take care of your health, finances, insurance and legal matters. Be patient with income and friendships through Oct.
- Taurus: Work out of your home on independent or long-distance projects involving the fine, healing or performing arts and/or large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. Be careful with communications to avoid conflict. Be patient at work through Oct. to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents.
- Gemini: Speak up as an authority figure and focus on entrepreneurial ventures connected with women and the fine, healing or performing arts. Be patient with property, vehicles and home life through Aug. 11th. Income and friendships are weak, but favorable. Be vigilant with relationships through Oct.
- Cancer: Take a leadership position and focus on work. Get a haircut, buy new clothes and consider a day spa. Property, vehicles, home life, women and the creative arts are forefront. Take care of your children, education, investments, money and marriage — and to avoid accidents through Oct.
- Leo: Focus on a retreat or long-distance venture — and be patient with entrepreneurial expenses and separations through mid-Aug. Teach, publish and advise, working from home. Be vigilant with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures connected with children, education and investments through Oct.
- Virgo: Focus on your career. Gain from women, luxuries, entertainment, long-distance ventures, large organization and the fine, healing or performing arts. Be patient with expenses and separations. Teach, publish and advise, working from home. Take care of your health and finances through Oct.
- Libra: Focus on your career and joint ventures. Take a leadership position, ask for a raise, and connect with women and large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. Redecorate your workspace. Teach, publish, and advise, and take care of your children, education and investments through Oct.
- Scorpio: Expect a mixture of good fortune, long-distance ventures, expenses and separations at work. Be patient with income and friendships through Aug. 10th. Focus on education, teaching, publishing and advisory roles. Be vigilant with property, vehicles and home life through Oct.
- Sagittarius: Focus on research and knowledge. Take care of your children, education, investments, income, friendships, and father/religious figures. These are vulnerable through mid-Aug. Stay reclusive and manage your health, expenses, separations, reputation and entrepreneurial ventures — through Oct.
- Capricorn: Connect work, women, property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life with marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures. Be patient, however, with relationships in general to manage setbacks and obstructions through mid-Aug. Protect your wealth, status and family life through Oct.
- Aquarius: Be vigilant with partnerships joint ventures, communications, independent projects, father and religious figures. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues through mid-Aug. Teach, publish, and advise in the workplace – and protect your health, appearance and reputation through Oct.
- Pisces: Connect relationships with pets, children, education and investments — but be patient to manage debts, disputes, setbacks, accidents, or health issues with same. Expect good fortune with your career. Teach, publish and advise. Be patient with losses, expenses, separations and long-distance ventures at work through Oct.
Saturn/Ketu Conjunction: World Under Siege
- Satellite Images Reveal US Military Buildup at Saudi Air Base
- Rand Paul Stops Unanimous Passage of 9/11 First Responders Bill
- Iran Seizes Foreign 12-Crew Oil Tanker
- 25 Dead in Arson Attack on Japanese Animation Studio
- World Health Organization Sounds Ebola Alarm
- Life-Threatening Heat Wave Broils from the Midwest to East Coast
- Raging Wildfire Burns 7,000 Acres in Arizona
- Iran Seizes Two British Tankers
- Night of Violence Shocks Hong Kong
- Hundreds of Thousands Protest in Puerto Rico
- Trump Administration Could Kick 3 million off Food Stamps
- Warplanes from 4 Countries (Russia, South Korea, Japan and China) in Asian Confrontation
- More Than 100 Intense and Unprecedented Wildfires Have Ravaged the Arctic Since June
About the Author: David Hawthorne