Note: Saturn remains closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th. This rare and slow-moving transit is causing problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Events may include pandemics, military conflicts, economic collapses and global-warming issues (fires, floods, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tropical storms, et al).
NOTE FROM INDIA (my comments in parenthesis):
Jupiter’s prolonged station at 20 degrees (July 23 – Sept. 2) would be troublesome for Taurus, Cancer, and Capricorn rising (sign) person and nations (INCLUDING USA). Especially ones having MEP (Most Effective Point) or some planet(s) within two degrees of its aspect/conjunction. (INCLUDING USA!).
In India’s horoscope it closely afflicts combust 10th lord Saturn, by ninth aspect. It poses threat to business environment, law and order, foreign trade and reputation of the country as a whole. It also has negative impact on civil servants, factory workers, labor and labor-oriented industry, oil drilling and refining, fisheries, manufacturing, construction and employment.
K Rajesh Chaudhary, Gurgaon, India
Recent Headlines: These have been moved to the bottom of this weekly column – so that people have the option to NOT read this past week’s negative news.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Cancer, from 14:33 to 21:15°. This connects the government with water, changes, creativity, the public, and family life. Sun is co-dependent on the strength of its fast-moving and frequently weak dispositor (landlord), Moon. Leaders, physicians, administrators and governments are vulnerable to fluctuations. Sun is closely conjunct Venus until Sept. 1st. Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress, especially August 11 – 23, when Sun and Venus are within 2 degrees of each other.
- Moon is waxing and transits Cancer, Leo, Virgo, and Libra.
- Mars transits its debilitation sign, Cancer, from 25:04 to 29:30°. Mars is outside the orb or influence of other planets, but is debilitated until August 9th. This is NOT ideal for the military, police, surgeons, athletes, executives, firefighters and property matters.
- Mercury transits out of its own sign, Gemini, and into Cancer, August 3rd. Mercury is weak in degrees until August 11th. Be patient with stocks, business, technology and communications.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 20:32 to 20:23°. Jupiter is outside the orb of other planets, which should be favorable for law, religion and education. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until August 11th. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries, (including USA), should be vigilant whenever Jupiter is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree or any planet in any house in their birth or transit chart, by aspect or conjunction.
- Venus transits Cancer from 10:57 to 19:35°. This connects women, law, medicine, education, and the fine, healing and performing arts — with the public, spas, hotels, clinics, hospitals, restaurants, family life, et al. Venus is closely conjunct Sun until September 1st. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries are likely under stress, especially August 11 – 23, when Venus and Sun are within 2 degrees of each other.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 21:30 to 21:04°. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 18th and is closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th. This rare and slow-moving transit is causing serious problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Events may include pandemics, military conflicts, economic collapses and global-warming issues (fires, floods, cyclones, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, tropical storms, et al).
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 23:27 to 23:13°. Rahu and Ketu are “stationary” in the 23-degree range June 2 – August 18. This indicates significant stress for those persons with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) between 22 to 24 degrees – or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a person’s rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Focus on property, vehicles and home life – connected with marriage, partnerships, children, education and investments. Redecorate your home and consider a new car. Health, finances, insurance and legal matters are weak, but start to improve. Be patient with income and friendships through Oct.
- Taurus: Be vigilant with property, vehicles, home life, and father/authority figures. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues. The desire for independence and entrepreneurial projects is forefront, and complicated. Be careful at work through Oct. to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents.
- Gemini: Speak up as an authority figure and focus on entrepreneurial ventures connected with women, luxuries, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Be patient with property, vehicles and home life through Aug. 11th. Income and friendships are weak, but favorable. Be vigilant with relationships through Oct.
- Cancer: Take a leadership position and focus on your career. Get a haircut and buy new clothes. Property, vehicles, home life, women, writing, business, communications and the creative arts are forefront. Be vigilant through Oct. There may be issues with money, health, children, education, marriage and accidents.
- Leo: Focus on a retreat or long-distance venture. Be patient with father and religious figures, separations and entrepreneurial expenses through mid-Aug. Teach, publish and advise — working from home. Be vigilant with joint ventures connected with children, education and investments through Oct.
- Virgo: Focus on income and friendships. Gain from women, luxuries, windfalls, business, communications, large organizations, long-distance ventures and father/authority figures. Be patient with expenses and separations through Aug. Teach, publish and advise. Be vigilant with debts, disputes and health issues through Oct.
- Libra: Focus on your career and joint ventures. Take a leadership position, ask for a raise, and connect with women and large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. Redecorate your workspace. Teach, publish, and advise — and take care of your children, education and investments through Oct.
- Scorpio: Expect a mixture of good fortune, long-distance ventures, losses, expenses and separations at work. Income and friendships slowly begin to improve. Focus on children, education, teaching, publishing and advisory roles – and be vigilant with property, vehicles and home life through Oct.
- Sagittarius: Focus on research and knowledge. Take care of your children, education, investments, income, friendships, and father/religious figures. These are vulnerable through mid-Aug. Stay reclusive and manage your health, expenses, separations, reputation and entrepreneurial ventures — through Oct.
- Capricorn: Be vigilant at work. Setbacks or accidents are possible. Connect your career with joint ventures – associated with women, the arts, property, vehicles and home life. Be patient, however, with relationships to manage issues through mid-Aug. Protect your wealth, status and family life through Oct.
- Aquarius: Be vigilant with relationships, joint ventures, communications, independent projects, father and religious figures. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues through mid-Aug. Teach, publish, and advise in the workplace – and protect your health, appearance and reputation through Oct.
- Pisces: Be vigilant. Get extra rest, watch your diet and don’t take on added stress. Connect relationships with pets, children, education and investments — but manage debts, disputes, setbacks, accidents, or health issues with same. Focus on your career. Teach, publish and advise – but be patient in the workplace through Oct.
About the author: David Hawthorne