Notes: Jupiter transits Sagittarius from Nov. 2019 until Nov. 2020 (except when it is in Capricorn for April, May and June).
The optimal times for Jupiter significations (law, religion, morality, justice, banking, education, consulting and good fortune), are: January 21 – March 10; and July 16 – November 2.
In the horoscope for the U.S., the difficult transits of the past 9 months are now separating; some relief may be seen.
The favorable Mercury sub period begins on Jan. 31st, which should be helpful for 10 months — and through the 2020 national elections.
The caveat is the currently stationary Rahu/Ketu, which is likely to cause stress worldwide through Feb. 15th.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Sagittarius, from 17:09 to 24:17°. This connects the government with law, religion, and education. Sun is closely conjunct Ketu until Jan. 4th. Watch your heart and digestion. Leaders, physicians, administrators and governments are vulnerable to delays, setbacks, accidents and obstructions.
- Moon is waxing and transits Pisces, Aries, Taurus and into Gemini. Moon, in Taurus, is exalted Jan. 7 – 8. This should be good for the arts, luxuries, romance, creativity and emotional well-being.
- Mars transits Scorpio, from to 05:05 to 09:48°. Mars is in good degrees and is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for the military, police, athletes, surgeons, executives, firefighters and property matters.
- Mercury transits Sagittarius, from 12:13 to 23:36°. This should be good for stocks, business, brokering, finance, computers, technology, communications and intellectual property. Mercury is closely conjunct Ketu through Jan. 6th. Be patient with setbacks involving same.
- Jupiter transits its own sign, Sagittarius, from 12:49 to 14:26°. Jupiter is closely conjunct Ketu until Jan. 23rd. This connects spirituality with law, religion, morality, justice, education, banking, consulting and long-distance travel. There may also, however, be karmic issues with same.
- Venus transits out of Capricorn and into Aquarius, Jan. 9th. Venus is weak in degrees, Jan. 5 – 13. Take care of the women in your life, and be patient with medicine, romance, luxuries, photography, architecture, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 27:24 to 28:14°. Saturn is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for the elderly, (Social Security Benefits Increase for 2020), the poor and needy, immigration, manufacturing and the oil, gas and mineral industries.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 14:15 to 14:18°. Rahu and Ketu are stationary in the 14-degree range until January 27th. This is not ideal for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 13 and 15 degrees – or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Focus on research, language, and mystical sciences — involving music, health, astrology, meditation, architecture, et al. Connect partnerships and joint ventures with your career. Redecorate your workspace and work with women, luxuries, medicine, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts. Expect good fortune with children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits.
- Taurus: Be patient with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life to manage delays and setbacks — and to avoid accidents with same. Your children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits are vulnerable. There is protection for your debts, disputes, health and legal issues. Get spiritual advice from women, including your wife and sisters. Be patient with relationships; there may be losses, expenses and separations.
- Gemini: Focus on marriage, partnerships, joint ventures and long-distance places. Be patient with delays and setbacks with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life – and be careful to avoid accidents. Be vigilant with income and friendships to manage debts and disputes. Connect your mind, children, investments and spiritual pursuits with research and ancient knowledge (such as ayurveda, sthapathya veda, gandharva veda, and jyotish) through Jan. 8th.
- Cancer: Focus on your children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits. Your mind is logical and competitive. Connect property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life with partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. Be vigilant with what you eat and what you say. Be patient with communications and entrepreneurial activities – these are subject to debts, disputes, setbacks and disappointments.
- Leo: Focus on your children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits. These are connected with marriage, partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. Be patient with setbacks with your wealth, status and family life. There is a lot on your mind. Invest in gold or government bonds. Be vigilant with women, communications and entrepreneurial ventures – these are vulnerable to debts, disputes, health and legal issues.
- Virgo: Focus on property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life. There may be both highs and lows with these – including travel, losses, expenses, separations and good fortune. You may have spiritual experiences and excellent meditations. Your mind is creative. Study the fine, healing or performing arts. Enjoy your children, education and investments. Be patient with entrepreneurial ventures setbacks.
- Libra: Focus on property, vehicles, fixed assets and family life. These should do well. Redecorate your home with art, music, beauty and luxuries. Expect a lift with marriage, partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. Be patient with setbacks, insomnia, losses and expenses. Connect income and friendships with communications, spiritual pursuits and your own self-initiatives. Speak up, with courage.
- Scorpio: Expect both highs and lows with work, income and friendships. Consider retreats and long-distance places involving entrepreneurial activities, (associated with women, luxuries, medicine, entertainment and the fine, healing and performing arts) Be patient with losses, expenses and separations. Be courageous and make decisions. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, health and legal issues.
- Sagittarius: Expect gains from family money and with women, luxuries, medicine, entertainment and the fine, healing and performing arts. Be patient with delays and setbacks at work, but leadership, spirituality, and career opportunities remain forefront. Good fortune and spiritual progress are with you. Be patient with losses, expenses and separations with your children, education, investments, and property matters.
- Capricorn: Career opportunities remain forefront. Focus on law, women, creativity, medicine, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts. Expect gains with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life. Be patient, however, with short-lived delays, setbacks, expenses and separations – and to avoid accidents through mid-Jan.
- Aquarius: Connect work with entrepreneurial ventures, communications and property matters. Be courageous and make executive decisions in the workplace. Income, friendships, and joint ventures give mixed results. Be patient with delays and setbacks with marriage, windfalls, and inheritance — and to avoid accidents. There may be a long-distance journey of a short duration — or weakness relative to father and religious figures.
- Pisces: Connect religious and spiritual partnerships and joint ventures with your career, but be patient with setbacks in the workplace. Be vigilant at work to manage short-lived debts, disputes, fire, theft and allegations against you. Expect good fortune with your wealth, status and family life. Gain from women, luxuries, medicine, entertainment and the fine, healing and performing arts. Be patient with short-lived setbacks with income and friendships.
About the Author: David Hawthorne