Notes: Jupiter transits its own sign, Sagittarius – in very good degrees. This should be favorable for law, religion, morality, justice, education, banking, consulting and good fortune through Dec.
In the SAMVA horoscope for the U.S.*, however, transit Saturn, ruling the 8th house of setbacks, accidents and deathlike experiences, afflicts natal Venus (ruling the 4th house of assets, property and domestic peace) through Dec. – and Sun, ruling the 2nd house of wealth, status and family life, is vulnerable to debts, disputes, health and legal issues through mid-Jan.
Let us hope that the strong Jupiter will help us manage the continued stress for the country.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, AND BEST WISHES FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES FOR HEALTH, HAPPINESS, PEACE AND PROSPERITY IN THE COMING NEW YEAR! DAVID HAWTHORNE
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Sagittarius, from 02:53 to 10:00°. Sun is weak in degrees until Dec. 21st. Leaders, physicians, administrators and governments should get extra rest.
- Moon is waning and transits Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and into Sagittarius. Moon, in Scorpio, is debilitated Dec. 23 – 25. Watch your emotional state and be vigilant in crowds and around volatile persons. The new Moon is in Sagittarius, Dec. 26. (Start something new.)
- Mars transits out of Libra and into Scorpio, Dec. 25th. Mars is weak in degrees until Jan. 2nd. Expect less with the military, police, athletes, surgeons, executives, fire fighters, and property matters.
- Mercury transits out of Scorpio and into Sagittarius, Dec. 25th. Mercury is weak in degrees until Dec. 28th. Be patient with stocks, business, brokering, finance, computers, technology, communications and intellectual property.
- Jupiter transits its own sign, Sagittarius, from 09:36 to 11:12°. This should be helpful for law, religion, morality, justice, education, husbands, children, banking, consulting and good fortune. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries, (including USA), however, should be vigilant whenever Jupiter is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree or any planet — in any house — in their birth or transit chart, by aspect or conjunction.
- Jupiter transits Sagittarius from Nov. 2019 until Nov. 2020 (except for April, May and June — when it is in Capricorn). The optimal times for Jupiter significations will be: November 29 – December 30; January 21 – March 10; and July 16 – November 2.
- Venus transits Capricorn, from 04:35 to 13:13° and is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be favorable for women, medicine, romance, luxuries, photography, architecture, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 25:47 to 26:35°. Saturn is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for the elderly, (Social Security announces increase in benefits), the poor and needy, immigration, manufacturing and the oil, gas and mineral industries.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 14:19 to 14:15°. Rahu and Ketu are stationary in the 14-degree range until January 27th. This is not ideal for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 13 and 15 degrees – or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Spend another week on relationships – and then focus on research and knowledge. Connect work with women, joint ventures, long-distance places, and the fine, healing and performing arts. Be patient with debts, disputes and health issues. Expect good fortune with children, education and investments.
- Taurus: Spend another week on children, education, and investments — connected with partnerships. Expect a lift with debts, disputes, health and legal issues, although father figures may have these problems. There may be a marriage, windfall or inheritance. It’s a good time for research and knowledge.
- Gemini: Connect entrepreneurial activities with partnerships and joint ventures. Be patient for another week to manage debts and disputes with vehicles, property and home life. Be vigilant with children, education and investments through Jan. 8th. Expect less with income and friendships through Feb. 7th.
- Cancer: Connect property, vehicles, and home life with partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. Be vigilant with what you eat and what you have to say to avoid disputes and health issues. Postpone meetings with authority figures through mid-Jan. Focus on writing, business, technology and communications.
- Leo: Focus on your children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits. Be vigilant your initiatives and communications to manage debts, disputes and legal issues through Jan. 8th. Work out of your home on writing, literature, business, brokering, computers, communications and intellectual property.
- Virgo: Spend another week on independent projects connected with stocks, business, technology and intellectual projects. There may be wealth, status, marriage or a windfall connected with your children, education and investments. Study the fine, healing or performing arts. A long-distance venture is possible.
- Libra: Focus on property, vehicles, and home life. Redecorate your home with art, music, and luxuries. Expect gains connected with your initiatives and large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. There may be status with institutions or long-distance ventures. This is a good month to teach, publish and advise.
- Scorpio: Focus on stocks, writing, business, brokering, technology, communications, income and friendship. Be patient with debts, disputes, legal or health issues. Expect a lift at work and with your status. Speak up as an authority figure. Teach, publish and advise. Consider long-distance entrepreneurial ventures.
- Sagittarius: Be patient for another week with your career and then expect a lift. Take a leadership position and be of service to others. There may be gains or income connected with women, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts. This is a good month to teach, publish and advise.
- Capricorn: Expect a lift at work. Connect with women, design, fashion, and the fine, healing and performing arts. Buy new clothes and consider a health spa. Spend another week on stocks, business, technology and communications. Protect your marriage and inheritance; these are vulnerable expenses and separations.
- Aquarius: Be patient for one more week at work to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents. Expect income and friendships connected with partnerships and joint ventures. This is a good month to teach, publish and advise. There may be good fortune or a long-distance journey of a short duration before Jan. 8th.
- Pisces: Enjoy another week with relationships. There may also be gains connected with women, medicine, luxuries, design, entertainment and the arts. Connect with authority figures at work, but be vigilant to avoid debts, disputes, fire, theft and accidents in the workplace. This is a good month to teach, publish and advise.
About the author: David Hawthorne