Note: Jupiter and Saturn are functional malefic planets for the chart for the United States*.
Currently, both planets afflict 6 of the 12 houses in the horoscope.
Additionally, Venus, ruling national peace, is afflicted by both Saturn and Ketu (the southern node of the Moon).
This represents dangerous events for the country through Oct.
Exercise care and patience at all times, protect your family life, and focus on your spiritual practices.
*Video with the planetary transits for the horoscope for the United States: www.youtube.com/user/
Recent Headlines: These have been moved to the bottom of this weekly column – so that people have the option to NOT read this past week’s negative news.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Cancer, from 21:15 to 27:58°. Sun is co-dependent on the strength of its fast-moving and frequently weak dispositor (landlord), Moon. Leaders, physicians, administrators and governments are vulnerable to fluctuations. Sun is closely conjunct Venus until Sept. 1st. Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress, especially August 11 – 23, when Sun and Venus are within 2 degrees of each other.
- Moon is waxing and transits Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn. Moon, in Scorpio, is debilitated, August 8 – 10. Watch your emotional state and be vigilant in crowds and around volatile persons.
- Mars transits out of its debilitation sign, Cancer, and into Leo on August 9th. Mars is weak in degrees until August 17th. There may be issues with the military, police, surgeons, athletes, executives, firefighters and property matters.
- Mercury transits Cancer, from 02:27 to 10:13°. Mercury is co-dependent on the strength of its fast-moving and frequently weak dispositor (landlord), Moon. Be careful with stocks, business, technology and communications.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 20:23 to 20:23°(stationary). Jupiter is in retrograde motion until August 11th. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries, (including USA), should be vigilant whenever Jupiter is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree or any planet in any house in their birth or transit chart, by aspect or conjunction. THIS IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE EXTREME STRESS IN USA.
- Venus transits Cancer from 19:35 to 28:14°. Venus is co-dependent on the strength of its fast-moving and frequently weak dispositor (landlord), Moon. This causes fluctuations relative to women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing and performing arts. Venus is closely conjunct Sun until September 1st. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries are likely under stress, especially August 11 – 23, when Venus and Sun are within 2 degrees of each other.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 21:04 to 20:41°. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 18th and closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th. This rare and slow-moving transit is causing serious problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, the masses, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Events may include pandemics, military conflicts, economic collapses and global-warming issues (fires, floods, cyclones, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, et al).
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 23:13 to 23:13°. Rahu and Ketu are “stationary” in the 23-degree range June 2 – August 18. This indicates significant stress for those persons with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) between 22 to 24 degrees – or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a person’s rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
- Aries: Shift your attention to children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits. These are connected with property, vehicles and home life – but be vigilant to manage debts, disputes and legal issues with same. Redecorate your home and consider a new car. Be patient with income and friendships through Oct.
- Taurus: Be vigilant with property, vehicles, home life, communications and entrepreneurial ventures. These are subject to debts and disputes. Connect writing, business and brokering with independent projects. Be careful with relationships and at work through Oct. to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents.
- Gemini: Speak up as an authority figure and focus on independent projects connected with women, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Expect an improvement with property, vehicles and home life. Income and friendships remain weak, but are favorable. Be vigilant with relationships through Oct.
- Cancer: Take a leadership position. Get a haircut and buy new clothes. Property, vehicles, home life, women, writing, business, communications and the creative arts are forefront. Be vigilant through Oct. to manage money, health, children, education, and marriage — and to avoid accidents.
- Leo: Focus on a retreat or long-distance venture. Be patient with father and religious figures, separations and entrepreneurial expenses through mid-Aug. Teach, publish and advise — working from home. Be vigilant with joint ventures connected with children, education and investments through Oct.
- Virgo: Focus on income and friendships. Gain from women, luxuries, business, communications, large organizations, long-distance ventures and father/authority figures. Be patient with expenses and separations. Teach, publish and advise. Take care of debts, disputes and health issues through Oct.
- Libra: Focus on your career. Take a leadership position at work. Ask for a raise or promotion, and connect with women and spiritual, medical or government organizations. Redecorate your workspace. Teach, publish, and advise. Take care of your children, education and investments through Oct.
- Scorpio: Expect a mixture of good fortune, long-distance ventures, losses, expenses and separations at work. Income and friendships are favorable. Children, education, teaching, publishing and advisory roles are forefront. Be vigilant with property, vehicles and home life through Oct.
- Sagittarius: Focus on research, meditation and knowledge. Expect a lift with your children, education, and investments. Be patient with income, friendships, father and religious figures; these are vulnerable. Be reclusive and manage your health, expenses, separations, reputation and independent projects — through Oct.
- Capricorn: Connect work with partnerships, but exercise patience in the workplace with setbacks and to avoid accidents. There may be similar issues with property, vehicles and home life. Expect good fortune with marriage and joint ventures. Protect your wealth, status and family life through Oct.
- Aquarius: Exercise patience with relationships, windfalls and inheritance. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes, and health issues. Expect similar issues with father and authority figures. Your best bet is to teach, publish and advise in the workplace. Protect your health, appearance and reputation through Oct.
- Pisces: Connect relationships with pets, children, education, investments, and spiritual pursuits. Be vigilant, however, with debts, disputes, health and legal issues, along with the marital bond, windfalls and inheritance. Focus on your career. Teach, publish and advise – but be patient in the workplace through Oct.
Saturn/Ketu Conjunction: World Under Siege Through mid-October
- US Withdraws from Nuclear Treaty with Russia
- Global Markets Rocked by Escalating Trade Fights
- Strong Earthquake Strikes Indonesia
- Lowe’s Is Laying Off Thousands of Workers, Closing 47 Stores
- US Cities Are Losing 36 Million Trees A Year
- A British Town Is at Risk of Being Submerged by A Collapsing Dam
- The British Pound Is Getting Slammed
- High-End Retailer Barneys Files for Bankruptcy
- Three People Killed When A Cliff Collapses On An Encinitas Beach
- Protesters in Hong Kong In 9th Week Of Chaos
- A Deadly Day in America
- 9 Dead, 16 Injured in a Shooting in Dayton, Ohio
- 22 Dead, 24 Injured in a Shooting in El Paso, Texas
- Three Mass Shootings in U.S. In One Week
- Dow Plunges 767 Points After China Devalues Its Currency
- Tucker Carlson Of Fox News Calls White Supremacy Problem ‘A Hoax’
About the Author: David Hawthorne