Note: Jupiter and Saturn are unfavorable planets for the chart for the United States* These 2 planets currently afflict a total of 6 of the 12 houses in the horoscope. Additionally, Venus, ruling national peace, is afflicted by both Saturn and Ketu. This represents dangerous events for the country through Oct. Be vigilant, protect your family, and focus on your spiritual practices.
*Video with the chart for the United States: www.youtube.com/user/astroview108/videos.
Recent Headlines: These have been moved to the bottom of this weekly column – so that people have the option to NOT read this past week’s negative news.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits out of Cancer and into its own sign, Leo, on August 17th. Sun is weak in degrees until August 22nd. Leaders, physicians, administrators and governments should get extra rest. Sun is closely conjunct Venus until Sept. 1st. Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress, especially August 11 – 23, (this week), when Sun and Venus are within 2 degrees of each other.
- Moon transits Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces and Aries. The full Moon is in Capricorn, August 15th.
- Mars transits Leo, from 03:57 to 08:24°. This should be favorable for the military, police, surgeons, athletes, executives, firefighters and property matters.
- Mercury transits Cancer, from 10:13 to 21:59°. Mercury is co-dependent on the strength of its fast-moving and frequently weak dispositor (landlord), Moon. Be careful with stocks, business, technology and communications.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 20:23 to 20:33°. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries, (including USA), should be vigilant whenever Jupiter is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree or any planet — in any house — in their birth or transit chart, by aspect or conjunction. THIS IS THE CURRENT CASE CONTRIBUTING TO THE EXTREME STRESS IN USA.
- Venus transits out of Cancer and into Leo, August 16th. Venus is weak in degrees until August 21st. Be patient with women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing and performing arts. Venus is closely conjunct Sun until September 1st. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries are likely under stress, especially August 11 – 23, (this week) when Venus and Sun are within 2 degrees of each other.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 20:41 to 20:21°. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 18th and closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th. This rare and slow-moving transit is causing serious problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, the masses, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Events may include pandemics, military conflicts, economic collapses and global-warming issues (fires, floods, cyclones, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, et al).
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 23:13 to 22:33°. Rahu and Ketu are “stationary” in the 23-degree range June 2 – August 18. This indicates significant stress for those persons with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) between 22 to 24 degrees – or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a person’s rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Focus on children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits – connected with partnerships. These should do well. Work on writing, business and communications from home, but be careful with property, vehicles and home life to manage debts and disputes. Income and friendships are vulnerable through Oct.
- Taurus: Focus on property, vehicles and home life, but be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, expenses and separations with same. Work on independent projects with writing, business, and communications. Be careful with relationships and at work to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents through Oct.
- Gemini: Speak up on business matters. Focus on independent, entrepreneurial ventures –connected with income, friendships, children, education, investments, and spiritual pursuits. Work with large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. Be vigilant with relationships through Oct.
- Cancer: Focus on your wealth, status and family life. These, and your career, get a lift over the next 30 days. Writing, business, technology, and communications are forefront. Be vigilant to manage money, health, children, education, and marriage — and to avoid accidents through Oct.
- Leo: Spend a few days on rest and then expect a lift. Successful ventures are on the way. Make decisions and consider property matters. Watch your family life to manage expenses and separations. Teach, publish and advise — from home. Be vigilant with joint ventures connected with children, education and investments through Oct.
- Virgo: Focus on income and friendships. Gain from writing, business, technology, and communications. Be patient to manage expenses and separations with money, marriage and family life. Long-distance ventures are possible. Teach, publish and advise. Take care of debts, disputes and health issues through Oct.
- Libra: Take a few days of rest and then expect a lift. Income and friendships are on the way. Connect work with writing, business, technology, communications and long-distance ventures — but expect expenses and separations. Teach, publish, and advise. Take care of your children, education and investments through Oct.
- Scorpio: Take a few days of rest and then focus on your career. Expect a mixture of progress, debts, disputes, expenses, separations and long-distance ventures. Make decisions and consider property matters. Income and friendships are on your side. Teach, publish and advise. Be vigilant with property, vehicles and home life through Oct.
- Sagittarius: Be patient for a few days and then expect good fortune with your children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits. Connect your career with research, language and knowledge, but be patient with authority figures and to avoid accidents at work. Be reclusive and vigilant through Oct.
- Capricorn: Expect good fortune with partnerships and joint ventures. Connect your career with research and knowledge, but be patient with setbacks and to avoid accidents at work. A marriage or windfall is possible before mid-Sept. Protect your wealth, status and family life through Oct.
- Aquarius: Be patient for a few days with relationships — and then expect a lift with joint ventures – connected with property and entrepreneurial ventures. There may be debts or disputes with money and marriage. Teach, publish and advise. Protect your health, appearance and reputation through Oct.
- Pisces: Connect relationships with pets, children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits. Focus on writing, business, technology, and communications. Be vigilant to avoid disputes and issues with marriage and inheritance. Teach, publish and advise – but be patient at work to manage expenses and separations through Oct.
Saturn/Ketu Conjunction: World Under Siege
- Dow Plunges on A Scary Sign from The Bond Market
- Latinos Enter A Nightmarish New Normal
- Pakistan Downgrades Diplomatic Ties, Suspends Trade with India
- A Man Kills 4 In A Stabbing Rampage
- Record-Setting ICE Raid Separates 680 Families
- Bernie Sanders On Immigration Raids in Mississippi: ‘This Is Evil’
- Iran Says It Seized Foreign Oil Tanker in Gulf for Smuggling Fuel
- Millions in Zimbabwe Facing Starvation After Severe Droughts
- Taiwan And Japan Brace for A Potential Super Typhoon
- Pakistan Expels Indian Ambassador Over Kashmir Move
- India To Revoke Special Status for Kashmir
- Shooter Is on The Run After Killing 2 On A Houston Freeway
- EPA Reverses Protections for Wild Salmon
- Civil Rights Group Says State Dept. Official Is Involved in White Nationalist Movement
- A Deadly Mishap in Russia’s Far North; Explosion Kills Five Elite Nuclear Scientists.
- An Inferno at A Home Day Care Kills 5 Children.
- Hong Kong Cancels All Flights Amid Protests; 11th Consecutive Weeks of Protests
- Russian Village Near Site of Missile Accident to Be Evacuated
- Police and Protesters Clash at Hong Kong Airport
- 5 Of the World’s Biggest Economies Are at Risk of Recession
- Wall Street’s Worst Day Of 2019; Dow Tumbles 800 Points
NOTE FROM INDIA (my comments in parenthesis):
Jupiter’s prolonged station at 20 degrees (July 23 – Sept. 2) would be troublesome for Taurus, Cancer, and Capricorn rising (sign) person and nations (INCLUDING USA!). Especially ones having MEP (Most Effective Point) or some planets within two degrees of its aspect/conjunction. (INCLUDING USA!).
In India’s horoscope it closely afflicts combust 10th lord Saturn, by ninth aspect. It poses threat to business environment, law and order, foreign trade and reputation of the country as a whole. It also has negative impact on civil servants, factory workers, labor and labor-oriented industry, oil drilling and refining, fisheries, manufacturing, construction and employment.
-K Rajesh Chaudhary, Gurgaon, India
About the Author: David Hawthorne