Notes: Rahu and Ketu completed their 3-month stationary position on August 5th. This caused stress worldwide, prolonging problems relative to the pandemic, the weather and environment, global economics, and societal upheavals. It most likely will take a couple of weeks to clear from this position, but relief is on the way.
In the SAMVA* chart for USA, transit 6th house ruler, Jupiter, is applying to the 4th house ruler, Venus. This is likely to cause debts, disputes, health and legal issues with property and domestic peace through the national election, especially August 15 – October 15, when Jupiter and Venus are in close conjunction.
* Systemsʻ Approach to Mundane Astrology (https://groups.io/g/samva).
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Cancer from 20:03 to 26:46°. This connects the government with public activities and public facilities such as hotels, hospitals, restaurants, and retail establishments, etc. Sun is outside the orb of influence of other planets, but is not stable through mid-August — as it is co-dependent on the strength of the fast-moving Moon, which is frequently weak or afflicted.
- Moon is waning and transits Aquarius, Pisces, Aries and into Taurus.
- Mars transits Pisces, from 26:17 to 28:54°. Mars is outside the orb of influence of other planets, but is weak in degrees until October 20th. This is not ideal for sports, property, the police, military, surgery, construction and executives.
- Mercury transits Cancer, from 07:53 to 22:00°. Mercury is co-dependent on the strength of the fast-moving Moon, which is frequently weak or afflicted. Be patient with stocks, business and communications.
- Jupiter transits its own sign of Sagittarius, from 25:25 to 24:43°. Jupiter is regaining strength, which should be helpful for the law, religion and education. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until Sept. 13th. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) – and only when Jupiter is within 5 degrees of the rising sign degree (in any house) or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Venus transits Gemini, from 04:33 to 11:04°. Venus is closely conjunct Rahu, July 31st to August 10th. Take care of the women in your life and be careful with transportation. There may be issues with the weather and for the fine, healing and performing arts.
- Last Weekʻs Predictions: “There may be issues with the weather” (Damage from Tropical Storm Isaias Likely to Cost Millions). Watch for news about well-known women.” (Trump Slams Covid-19 Comment by Dr. Birx as ‘Pathetic’; Another Fake House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Video Goes Viral.)
- Saturn transits Capricorn, from 03:19 to 02:55°. Saturn is in retrograde motion, May 11 – Sept. 29. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Cancer, Virgo and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) – and only when Saturn is within 5 degrees of the rising sign degree (in any house) or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 04:00 to 03:35°. They are now coming out of their stationary position, where they have been for three months, (May 4 to August 5). This should start to show signs of improvement worldwide over the next few weeks. Persons, companies and countries, however, with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 2 and 4 degrees — or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Be vigilant with relationships and entrepreneurial ventures; these are vulnerable to sudden issues. You are also in the final 10 days of a 58-day period characterized by losses, expenses, retreats, separations, and hospitalizations. Connect your children and investments with home life. Good fortune is with you through October. Expect gains and friendships in the workplace through April 2022.
- Taurus: Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, health and legal issues through August 10th. Work out of your home on independent projects through August 16th. Focus on research, mystical sciences and ancient knowledge through October. Expect good fortune in the workplace, for the most part, through April 2022.
- Gemini: Protect your pets, children, and investments. On the other hand, there may be status with property, vehicles, home life and entrepreneurial ventures through mid-August. Focus on joint ventures through October. Father/religious figures may be vulnerable through April 2022. There may be a windfall, inheritance or lottery winning for you as well.
- Cancer: Be vigilant with property, vehicles and home life. There may be sudden expenses or separations. Focus on leadership and independent ventures with writing, busines, technology, communications and intellectual property. Good fortune at work is on your side. There is some protection with regard to debts, disputes, health and legal issues through October.
- Leo: Continue to be vigilant for a few more days with women, the arts, communications, and entrepreneurial ventures. These remain vulnerable to sudden issues. Stay rested, or in a retreat, and be patient with losses, expenses, and separations – relative to your status and family life — through August 16th. Your best bet is with children, education and investments through October.
- Virgo: Be vigilant to manage sudden issues with your status, family life, and in the workplace. Income and friendships are vulnerable to losses, expenses and separations through August 16th. Gain from writing, business, technology, communications and intellectual property. Setbacks with relationships begin to dissipate. Your best bet is property, vehicles and home life through October.
- Libra: Continue to be vigilant to manage sudden issues. These may be connected with father/religious figures or long-distance travel. Be patient with losses, expenses and separations in the workplace through August 16th. Good fortune is on your side, August 8 – 30. Focus on teaching/consulting/publishing ventures through October.
- Scorpio: Be vigilant to manage sudden losses, expenses, and separations. These may be connected with windfalls, inheritance or marriage. On the other hand, there may be good fortune at work and with income and friendships, for the most part, through mid-September. Teach, publish and advise through October.
- Sagittarius: Be vigilant for a few more days with income, friendships and relationships. These are vulnerable to sudden issues. Connect your career with research, mystical sciences and ancient knowledge – and your children, education and investments with property, vehicles and home life through August 16th. Good fortune is on the way!
- Capricorn: Be vigilant at work to manage sudden debts, disputes, health or legal issues. There may also be another week of setbacks with partnerships and joint ventures. Work out of your home on independent projects. There may be success with retreats, institutions or international ventures through October. Wealth, status and family life are on your side for the most part through April 2022.
- Aquarius: Take care of your father or guru and be careful with long distance travel. Be patient with marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures and watch your inheritance and windfalls through August 16th to manage debts, disputes, health and legal issues. Gain from teaching, publishing and consulting through October.
- Pisces: Be vigilant to manage sudden setbacks with marriage and windfalls, and to avoid accidents at home or with transportation. Connect relationships with pets, children, education and investments, but be patient with short-lived debts, disputes or health issues through August 15th. Focus on your career though mid-November. Teach, publish, consult and advise.
About the Author: David Hawthorne