Note: Sun, Mars and Venus are closely conjunct this week. Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
Jupiter and Saturn, ruling the inauspicious sixth and eighth houses (dusthana bhavas) are functional malefic planets — and currently afflict 6 of the 12 houses — in the horoscope for the U.S.*
Venus, ruling the fourth house of national peace, is afflicted by Saturn and Ketu.
These transits represent dangerous events for the country through Oct.
Be vigilant, protect your family, and focus on your spiritual practice.
*Video with the horoscope for the U.S.: www.youtube.com/user/astroview108/videos.
Recent Headlines: These have been moved to the bottom of this weekly column – so that people have the option to NOT read this past week’s negative news.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits its own sign, Leo, from 04:42 to 11:27°. This should be an improvement for leaders, physicians, administrators and governments. Sun is closely conjunct Venus until Sept. 1st. Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress. Sun is also closely conjunct Mars until Sept. 15th. Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress.
- Moon is waning and transits Aries, Taurus, Gemini and into Cancer.
- Mars transits Leo, from 08:24 to 12:51°. This should be favorable for the military, police, surgeons, athletes, executives, firefighters and property matters. Mars is closely conjunct Venus until Sept. 1st. Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress. Mars is closely conjunct Sun until Sept. 15th. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress.
- Mercury transits out of Cancer and into Leo on August 26th. Mercury is weak in degrees until August 28th. Be patient with stocks, business, technology and communications.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 20:33 to 20:51°. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries, (including USA), should be vigilant whenever Jupiter is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree or any planet — in any house — in their birth or transit chart, by aspect or conjunction. THIS IS THE CURRENT CASE, CONTRIBUTING TO THE EXTREME STRESS IN THE HOROSCOPE FOR USA.
- Venus transits Leo, from 06:53 to 15:34°. Venus is closely conjunct Sun and Mars until September 1st. Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries are likely under stress.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 20:21 to 20:26°. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 18th and closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th. This rare and slow-moving transit is causing serious problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, the masses, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Adverse events may include pandemics, military conflicts, economic collapses and global-warming issues (fires, floods, cyclones, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, et al).
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 22:33 to 22:30°. Rahu and Ketu are no longer “stationary” in the 23-degree range (June 2 – August 18). Significant stress remains, however, for those persons with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) between 20 to 24 degrees – or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Think big. Invest in property, the arts, gold or government bonds. Connect these, along with children and education, with marriage and partnerships. Work on business and communications from home, but be careful to manage debts and disputes. Income and friendships remain vulnerable through Oct.
- Taurus: Focus on property, vehicles and home life. Be vigilant with debts, disputes, expenses, health issues and separations. Connect your initiatives with writing, business, and communications. Be careful with relationships, and at work to manage setbacks and transformations, and to avoid accidents through Oct.
- Gemini: Speak up on business matters and expect status with property and vehicles. Focus on entrepreneurial ventures — connected with income, friendships, children, education, investments, and spiritual pursuits. Work with large organizations. Be vigilant with relationships to manage debts and disputes through Oct.
- Cancer: Focus on your wealth, status and family life. These, and your career, should do well through mid-Sept. Business, technology, and communications remain forefront. Be vigilant to manage money, health, children, education and marriage — and to avoid accidents through Oct.
- Leo: Get a haircut, buy new clothes and take a leadership position. Successful ventures are forefront. Make decisions and consider property matters. Manage expenses and long-distance ventures. Teach, publish and advise. Be vigilant with joint ventures connected with children and investments through Oct.
- Virgo: Spend a few more days on income and friendships — and then shift your attention to ashrams, institutional life or long-distance ventures. Be vigilant to manage expenses, separations, marriage, windfalls or inheritance. Teach, publish and advise. Take care of debts, disputes and health issues through Oct.
- Libra: Focus on income and friendships. Gain from partnerships, authority figures and large organizations. Connect work with writing, business, communications, institutions and long-distance ventures. Be patient with expenses and separations. Teach, publish, and advise. Protect your children, education and investments through Oct.
- Scorpio: Take a leadership position. Connect with authority figures and large organizations. Be vigilant at work to manage debts, disputes, fire, theft, expenses and separations. Income and friendships should be fine. Teach, publish and advise. Protect your property, vehicles and home life through Oct.
- Sagittarius: Expect good fortune with your children, education, investments, income, friendships, women and spiritual pursuits. Focus on research, language and ancient knowledge, but be patient with setbacks and to avoid accidents at work. Be reclusive and vigilant to manage your health and reputation through Oct.
- Capricorn: Enjoy a few more days with partnerships and joint ventures. There may also be a windfall or inheritance through mid-Sept. Focus on research and knowledge, but be patient at work with setbacks and to avoid accidents through Sept. 10th. There may be expenses and separations with your family life through Oct.
- Aquarius: Expect good fortune with partnerships and joint ventures connected with entrepreneurial activities. Be vigilant to manage debts and disputes with money and marriage. Your best bet is to teach, publish and advise. Protect your health, appearance and reputation through Oct.
- Pisces: Connect relationships with pets, children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits. Study business, technology and communications. Be vigilant to manage disputes with partners or over money. Teach, publish and advise. Expenses, separations or long-distance ventures at work are likely through Oct.
Saturn/Ketu Conjunction: World Under Siege
- Six Officers Shot in Philadelphia
- Dow Futures Swing Wildly on Conflicting Signals
- Russian Plane Crash-Lands in Field Outside Moscow, 23 Injured
- GE Stock Has Worst Day In 11 Years
- Greenland Lost 12.5 Billion Tons of Ice – The Largest Single-Day Loss in History – A Stark Reminder of the Climate Crisis
- North Korea Launches More Missiles; Six Launches in Three Weeks
- More Than 150 Are Dead as Heavy Monsoon Rains Batter India
- Severe Storms Hit Midwest, Triple-Digit Heat for Southwest
- Dozens Killed After Typhoon Makes Landfall in Eastern China
- July Was Earth’s Hottest Month on Record
- 60 Large Fires Burn 692,788 Acres In 12 States
- The Water Is So Hot in Alaska It’s Killing Large Numbers of Salmon
- Brazil’s Amazon Rainforest Is Burning at A Record Rate
Jupiter’s prolonged station at 20 degrees (July 23 – Sept. 2) would be troublesome for Taurus, Cancer, and Capricorn rising (sign) person and nations (INCLUDING USA!). Especially ones having MEP (Most Effective Point) or some planets within two degrees of its aspect/conjunction. (INCLUDING USA!).
In India’s horoscope it closely afflicts combust 10th lord Saturn, by ninth aspect. It poses threat to business environment, law and order, foreign trade and reputation of the country as a whole. It also has negative impact on civil servants, factory workers, labor and labor-oriented industry, oil drilling and refining, fisheries, manufacturing, construction and employment.
K Rajesh Chaudhary, Gurgaon, India
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: DAVID HAWTHORNE