Notes: Sun is under the close 5th aspect of Rahu until November 7th, and is in its debilitation sign, Libra, until November 17th. There may be problems for leaders, physicians, administrators and governments, and for those with stomach, digestive and cardiovascular issues.
The 7-month Saturn/Ketu close conjunction (April 5 – October 31) has finally concluded. We should start to see some relief now, and more relief after Sun comes out of debilitation on November 17th.
In the SAMVA horoscope for USA*, the close affliction of Saturn to Mars (October 19 — November 4) is most likely contributing to the California fires.
Saturn has also been afflicting Venus, ruling property, fixed assets and domestic peace, since October 5th. Unfortunately, this influence continues through December and likely represents continued stress for the U.S.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits its debilitation sign, from 13:20 to 20:21°. Sun is under the 5th aspect of Rahu until Nov. 7th, and is weak in debilitation until Nov. 17th. Watch your digestive and cardiovascular issues. Leaders, presidents, physicians, administrators and governments are vulnerable.
- Moon is waxing and transits Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn and Aquarius.
- Mars transits Virgo, from 23:21 to 27:55°. Mars is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord), Mercury, which is fast-moving and frequently weak. Be patient with property, police, and military matters.
- Mercury transits Scorpio from 03:29 to 00:13°. Mercury is weak in degrees. Be patient with stocks, business, finance, technology, and communications. Mercury is conjunct Venus until Nov. 4th. Taurus, Scorpio, and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress. Mercury is retrograde, Nov. 1 – 21. Contrary to popular belief, this is not a problem for most people. The impact is only for Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons, companies or countries – and only if Mercury is within 5 degrees of a person’s rising sign degree or any planet, by aspect or conjunction.
- Jupiter transits out of Scorpio (where it has been for 55 weeks — since Oct. 12, 2018) and into Sagittarius, Nov. 5th. This will be a welcome relief for the whole world and especially for Aries, Gemini and Sagittarius rising sign persons, companies and countries. (More on this in next week’s column.) Jupiter is weak in degrees until Nov. 29th, so be patient with law, (Impeachment Proceedings) religion, education, husbands and children. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries, (including USA), should be vigilant whenever Jupiter is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree or any planet — in any house — in their birth or transit chart, by aspect or conjunction.
- Venus transits Scorpio from 03:49 to 12:31°. Venus is conjunct Mercury until Nov. 4th. Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons, companies and countries are likely under stress.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 21:15 to 21:44°. Saturn is finally outside the 5-degree orb of the influence of Ketu, where it has been for 28 week — since April 5th. This rare and slow-moving transit has caused serious problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, the masses, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Adverse events included health issues, military conflicts, economic problems and global-warming issues, such as fires, floods, cyclones, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, et al). WE SHOULD START TO SEE SOME RELIEF WORLDWIDE, ESPECIALLY AFTER SUN COMES OUT OF DEBILITATION (NOV. 17TH) AND WHEN JUPITER GAINS STRENGTH IN SAGITTARIUS, NOV. 29TH).
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 16:13 to 16:04°. Those persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) between 18 to 15 degrees – or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Protect your mind, pets, children, education, investments and creative endeavors. These are vulnerable. Stay rested and work on your health, finances and legal issues through Nov. 10th. Be patient with relationships through mid-Nov. Expect some improvement with income, friendships and siblings.
- Taurus: Be vigilant to manage issues with property, vehicles and home life. Insure your assets. Expect some improvement with debts, disputes and health issues. Be patient with expenses and separations with children, education and investments. Stress at work starts to dissipate, but expect less through Jan.
- Gemini: Lay low and get extra rest. Be vigilant with communications, authority figures and entrepreneurial ventures. These are vulnerable to sudden issues. Your pets, children, education, property, vehicles and investments are subject to stress. Be patient and expect some relief after Nov. 4th.
- Cancer: Be careful with what you eat and have to say and be vigilant with your wealth, status and family life. Connect work, property, vehicles, home life, and entrepreneurial ventures with children, investments and education. Setbacks begin to dissipate but continue to exercise patience with money and marriage.
- Leo: Lay low and get extra rest, even if you feel ambitious. Avoid risks and be vigilant to manage sudden issues. Work on and out of your home on independent venture. Enjoy good fortune with your status, property and family life. Expect some improvement with relationships – and more after Nov. 4th.
- Virgo: Be vigilant to manage expenses, separations, sleep patterns and long-distance ventures. Research and knowledge are forefront, but be patient with setbacks and do not take risks or chances. Focus on independent projects connected with women and the fine, healing or performing arts.
- Libra: Be vigilant to manage issues with income, friendships and older siblings. These and leadership qualities are forefront, but be careful to avoid problems. Be patient with partnership losses, expenses and separations. Expect some improvement with your mind, children, education and investments.
- Scorpio: Be vigilant at work. There may be losses, expenses, setbacks, accidents, or separations. Consider a retreat or long-distance venture. Focus on writing, business, technology and communications. Income, friendships and siblings may be subject to debts and disputes. Expect a lift after Nov. 4th.
- Sagittarius: Be vigilant to manage issues with father, religious and authority figures. Work, income, friendships and siblings are connected with losses, expenses, separations and long-distance ventures. You and your self-initiatives are on the home stretch of a difficult year. Relief is coming after Nov. 4th.
- Capricorn: Be vigilant to manage setbacks and to avoid accidents – connected with work and authority figures. Gain from women, creativity and/or the fine, healing or performing arts. Expect good fortune with property, vehicles and home life, along with some improvement with your status and family life.
- Aquarius: Be vigilant to manage issues with marriage, partnerships, joint ventures, foreign lands and life abroad. Connect your work with women, luxuries, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Expect a personal lift now and an improvement with income and friendships after Nov. 4th.
- Pisces: Be vigilant to manage sudden issues with debts, disputes, accidents, health, insurance or legal problems. On the other hand, 7 months of work-related stress, expenses and separations begins to dissipate. Expect good fortune with relationships. Escalate your teaching, publishing and consulting skills after Nov. 4th.
About the author: David Hawthorne