Note: The close conjunction of Saturn and Ketu (April 5 — October 18) represents serious issues worldwide.
Headlines from this past week:
- 100 Million People in Path of India’s Worst Cyclone in 20 Years
- Military Plane with 143 Passengers Slides off Runway and into Florida River
- Catastrophic Explosion at Illinois Plant
- Rockets Fired at Israel from Gaza
- Fiery Emergency Landing in Russia Kills 41 People
- Las Vegas Plane Crashes in Mexico, Kills 13 People
- One Student Dead in School Shooting in Denver, 8 Others Injured
- North Korea Launches Missiles
- Iran Withdrawing from Nuclear Deal, Escalating Tehran’s Faceoff with the United States
- The House Judiciary Committee Holds the Attorney General of the U.S. in Contempt of Congress
- Tornadoes, Hail, Deadly Floods Leave Trail of Destruction Across South-Central U.S.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits out of its exaltation sign, Aries, and into Taurus, May 14th at 1:31 p.m. Sun is under the 5th aspect of Ketu until May 15th. This connects the heart and soul with spiritual pursuits. Leaders, physicians, administrators and governments are likely under stress.
- Moon is waxing and transits Gemini, Cancer, Leo, and Virgo. Moon, in Gemini, is closely conjunct Rahu from May 9 – 10. Watch your emotional state, be vigilant in crowds and around volatile persons.
- Mars transits Gemini, from 01:23 to 05:55°. Mars is weak in degrees until May 15th. There may be issues for the military, police, athletes, executives, firefighters and property matters. (Case in point: Military Plane with 143 Passengers Slides off Runway and into Florida River.)
- Mercury transits Aries, from 10:27 to 24:33°. This connects stocks, business, computers, finances, technology, communications and intellectual property with the military, police, sporting events, real estate and engineering.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 28:59 to 28:21°. Jupiter is weak in degrees until June 13th. Be patient with the law, religion, publishing, teaching, education, and advisory roles. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until August 11th.
- Venus transits out of its exaltation sign, Pisces, and into Aries, May 10th at 9:36 a.m. Venus is weak in degrees until May 15th. Be patient with women, romance, luxuries, vehicles, medicine, legal matters, finance, entertainment, and the fine, healing and performing arts.Venus is under the 5th aspect of Jupiter until May 12th. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) may be under stress. (Iran Partially Withdrawing from Nuclear Deal, Escalating Tehran’s Faceoff with the United States.)
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 26:19 to 26:11°. This connects law, religion and education with the elderly, the poor and needy, immigrants, agriculture, manufacturing and working-class persons. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 18th and is closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th.
This rare and slow-moving transit is likely to cause significant problems worldwide – relative to immigrants, the poor and needy, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, things of the earth, (including climate change and weather patterns), healthcare, economic resources, the oil and gas industries, and world peace.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 25:13 to 24:57°. This indicates significant stress for those persons with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) between 23 to 26 degrees – or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a person’s rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Focus on mental development, communications, and entrepreneurial ventures. Spend another week on leadership, your children, education and investments. Be patient for a few more days with relationships. Manage short-lived debts, disputes, legal and health issues. Be vigilant with income and friendships through mid-Oct.
- Taurus: Be patient with property, vehicles, home life, children, education and investments; these are vulnerable to losses, expenses and separations. Recent issues with income and friendships dissipate. Speak up, be direct, and make decisions. Consider retreats, foreign lands or long-distance ventures. Be vigilant at work through mid-Oct.
- Gemini: Gain from property, vehicles, and home life. Connect income and friendships with stocks, writing, business, computers, technology, and communications. Focus on yoga, sports, martial arts and real estate. Be direct and make decisions. Relationships are vulnerable to debts and disputes through mid-Oct.
- Cancer: Focus on leadership and authority figures. Connect work with writing, business, brokering, computers, technology and intellectual property. Be patient with expenses and separations at work and consider long-distance or international ventures through June 23rd. Be vigilant with marriage, windfalls, inheritance, and to avoid accidents through mid-Oct.
- Leo: Enjoy good fortune and a lift with your wealth, status, family life. Recent entrepreneurial setbacks dissipate. Expect gains, income and friendships connected with property, real estate, and your executive organizing skills through June 23rd. Be vigilant with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures through mid-Oct.
- Virgo: Be patient with setbacks, insomnia, intimacy and long-distance ventures. Focus on research, language, mystical sciences and ancient knowledge through May 18th. Make decisions and consider property and security issues at work. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, legal and health issues through mid-Oct.
- Libra: Expect a lift with debts, disputes, legal and health issues. There may be gains and friendships, along with short-lived expenses and separations with relationships through May 19th. Focus on partnerships and joint ventures through June 4th. Enjoy good fortune through June 23rd. Protect your children and investments through mid-Oct.
- Scorpio: Be vigilant at work and with income and friendships to manage debts, disputes, fire, theft, accidents or false allegations. Be patient with insomnia, intimacy, institutions and foreign lands through June 4th. Take care of your health, finances, and legal matters through June 23rd. Property and home life are vulnerable through mid-Oct.
- Sagittarius: Connect work with children, education, investments, and joint ventures. These do well through June 23rd. Invest in stocks, computers and financial markets. Study writing, business, creativity, literature and communications. Be reclusive and protect your health, reputation, and entrepreneurial activities through mid-Oct.
- Capricorn: Be careful for one more week to avoid accidents at home or while driving. Work out of your home and on your home. Redecorate with art, music, beauty and luxuries. Make sure property and fixed assets are legal and insured to manage disputes. Be patient with family losses, expenses and separations through mid-Oct.
- Aquarius: Spend another week on entrepreneurial joint ventures. Be patient with short-lived setbacks through May 19th. Work on independent projects with the fine, healing or performing arts through June 4th — and with children, education and investments through June 23rd. Protect your health and reputation through mid-Oct.
- Pisces: Be vigilant for another week to avoid conflicts. Expect a lift with partnerships and joint ventures — connected with property, vehicles and home life. Focus on writing, literature, computers, technology, and communications. Be patient to manage losses, expenses or separations at work through mid-Oct.
About the author: David Hawthorne