In the SAMVA chart for the USA, Mars, ruling the 10th house of society and the government, is transiting the 8th house of delays, accidents, obstructions, and deathlike experiences, and is under the 9th aspect/affliction of Rahu, which is operating out of the 12th house of losses, expenses and separations – until May 20th. This may cause setbacks for the country.
Additionally, here is a note from India, regarding the transits of the planets for President Trump:
“The current planetary position in the horoscope of the POTUS, especially the prolonged stay of planet Venus under the affliction of natal Rahu, Ketu and the 12th lord Moon doesn’t augur well for him. As Venus rules the third house in addition to his actions being misinterpreted or back firing, his health also becomes vulnerable. Severe issues related to breathing or respiratory system can cause problems. Whenever Venus is severely afflicted the comfort level of the native is compromised howsoever highly-placed he/she may be.” – K Rajesh Chaudhary
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits its exaltation sign, Aries, from 22:57 to 29:43°. Sun is outside the orb of other planets.
- Moon is waning and transits Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn. The full Moon is in Libra, May 7th at 5:44 a.m. CDT. Moon, in Scorpio, is debilitated, May 7 – 9. Watch your emotional state and be vigilant around volatile persons/situations.
- Mars transits Aquarius, from 01:46°to 06:34. Mars is weak in degrees until May 12th. Mars is under the 9th aspect of Rahu until May 19th. There may be sudden issues for the military, police, athletes, executives, surgeons, engineers and construction workers and managers. Be vigilant with property matters.
- Mercury transits out of Aries and into Taurus on May 8th at 11:17 p.m. CDT. Mercury is under the 5th aspect of Jupiter until May 12th. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient. Mercury is under the 4th aspect of Mars until May 12th. Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
- Jupiter transits its debilitation sign, Capricorn, (where it remains until June 29th) from 03:01 to 03:06°. This is considered “infant state degrees” and undermines the strength of Jupiter and its significations, such as law, banking, religion, education, husbands, children, teachers, advisors and consultants.
- Venus transits its own sign, Taurus, from 27:00 to 27:41°. This should be favorable for women, romance, medicine, finance, entertainment and the fine, healing, and performing arts. Venus is in retrograde motion, May 13 – June 25th.
- Saturn transits Capricorn, from 07:48 to 07:48°. Saturn is in good strength and outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be an improvement for the masses, the elderly, the poor and needy, agriculture, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Saturn is in retrograde motion, May 11 – Sept. 29.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 05:39 to 05:34°. This represents stress for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 4 and 6 degrees –or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of his or her rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
Note: Rahu and Ketu are fairly stationary for the next 3 months (in the 5-degree range May 4 – June 15, and in the 4-degree range June 16 – August 5.) This is never an easy time and generally produces stress and calamities worldwide.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Focus on income, friendships and older siblings. These are also connected with your career. Teach, publish, advise and be of service to others. Work on industrial activities and manufacturing, or on physical and agriculture projects. Gain from men who are like brothers, property matters and your organizing skills. Spend another week on leadership. Children, education and investments are forefront.
- Taurus: Focus on your organizing and management skills at work. There may be a connection with international ventures, but safeguard against sudden losses, expenses and separations. Be patient for a few more days with the same issues with children, education, investments, property, vehicles and fixed assets. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, and health or legal matters through July.
- Gemini: Focus on income and friendships. There may be both sudden gains or issues with same. Be patient with property, vehicles and home life through May 23rd. You are likely to be restless and ambitious. Connect relationships with spirituality. Take care of your pets, children, education and investments — these may be vulnerable to losses, expenses and separations through July.
- Cancer: Focus on leadership, authority figures and large organizations. Expect income and friendships from writing, stocks, business, technology, communications and intellectual property. Connect your career with research and knowledge. Be patient at work through mid-June. Gain from property, vehicles, home life, women, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts through July.
- Leo: Expect good fortune with partnerships, joint ventures, authority figures and large organizations, but also be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, health or legal issues with same. Protect your mind, children, education and investments through June. Connect your career with women, the creative arts, and entrepreneurial ventures through July.
- Virgo: Expect a lift – and progress for the next two months. Focus on father and religious figures. Be patient with insomnia and international ventures. Take care of your marriage, Wills, insurance and legal contracts through mid-June. Seek advice from the women in your life. Divine grace is on your side through July.
- Libra: Expect gains in partnerships, and joint ventures — connected with children, education, investments, property, vehicles and home life. Be patient with insomnia and international ventures through May 23rd. Work out of your home on independent projects through June. Invest in property, vehicles and home life. Focus on research, insurance, Wills, marriage, and mystical knowledge through July.
- Scorpio: Be vigilant with debts, disputes, health and legal issues — with property, vehicles and home life. These are subject to sudden events. Expect income and friendships associated with partnerships and joint ventures. Work out of your home on entrepreneurial ventures; teach, publish and advise through June. Relationships are vulnerable to expenses and separations through July.
- Sagittarius: Expect another week of good fortune with your children, education and investments. Be patient with debts, disputes, health or legal issues with your career through May 23rd. Income and friendships are also vulnerable to same through July. Speak up as a teacher, publisher and advisor. Connect entrepreneurial ventures with property and your executive organizing skills.
- Capricorn: Expect good fortune with your children and investments. Invest in stocks, writing, business, computers, and communications. Be patient with insomnia, expenses and separations through June. Property, vehicles and home life are forefront through mid-June. Teach, publish and advise through June. Connect work with children, education, and investments through July.
- Aquarius: Connect partnerships and joint ventures with entrepreneurial projects. New projects come your way. Be direct, courageous and make decisions. Get some exercise. Be patient with short-lived setbacks and to avoid accidents through May 23rd. Redecorate your home and expect good fortune with property, vehicles, and home life through July. Consider ashrams, retreats, relocation or foreign lands over the next 2 years.
- Pisces: Speak up as an authority figure, but be vigilant to avoid verbal disputes. Connect partnerships and joint ventures with entrepreneurial ventures through May 23rd. Gain from teaching, publishing and advisory roles through June. Work on independent research projects involving women, research, mystical sciences and the arts through July.
About the Author: David Hawthorne