Note: The close conjunction of Saturn and Ketu (April 5 — October 18) represents serious issues worldwide.
- North Korea Launches More Missiles
- U.S. Seizes North Korean Cargo Ship
- More Flooding for Southern U.S.
- Trump Heats Up Global Crisis by Raising Tariffs on China
- Heavy Rainfall Hammers Gulf Coast
- 20 Million People Under Flash Flood Warnings
- 9,000 Gallons of Chemical Gas Product Spills After Oil Tanker/Barges Collision
- Gas Station Explodes
- Saudi Oil Tankers Damaged in Sabotage Attack
- Escalating Tensions with Iran
- China Raises Tariffs on U.S.
- Alabama Senate Passes Abortion Ban
- White Supremacy Terrorism is Rising
- Death Toll Rises to 6 in Midair Collision in Alaska
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Taurus, from 00:56 to 07:40°. This connects leaders and the government with earthy, practical projects. Sun is closely conjunct Mercury, May 17 – May 26. Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
- Moon is waxing/waning and transits Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius. The full Moon is in Scorpio, May 19th at 5:11 a.m. CDT. Moon, in Scorpio, is debilitated May 19 – 20. Watch your emotional state, be vigilant in crowds and around volatile persons.
- Mars transits Gemini, from 05:55 to 10:26°. Mars is outside the orb of other planets. This should be good for the military, police, athletes, executives, firefighters and property matters.
- Mercury transits out of Aries and into Taurus, May 19th at 2:04 a.m. CDT. Mercury is weak in degrees until May 21st. Be patient with stocks, business, computers, finances, technology, communications and intellectual property. Mercury is closely conjunct Sun, May 17 – May 26. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 28:21 to 27:36°. Jupiter is weak in degrees until June 13th. Be patient with the law, religion, publishing, teaching, education, and advisory roles. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until August 11th.
- Venus transits Aries, from 06:51 to 15:21°. Venus is in positive degrees and is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be favorable for women, romance, luxuries, vehicles, medicine, legal matters, finance, entertainment, and the fine, healing and performing arts.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 26:11 to 25:58°. This connects law, religion and education with the elderly, the poor and needy, immigrants, agriculture, manufacturing and working-class persons. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 18th and is closely conjunct Ketu for 28 weeks — April 5th to October 18th.
- This rare and slow-moving transit is likely to cause serious problems worldwide – for immigrants, the poor and needy, working-class persons, the elderly, agriculture, manufacturing, things of the earth, (including climate change and weather extremes), healthcare, economic resources, the oil and gas industries, and world peace.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 24:57 to 24:20°. This indicates significant stress for those persons with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius) between 23 to 25 degrees – or whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of a person’s rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Focus on communications, independent projects and entrepreneurial ventures. Expect a lift with your children, education and investments. Speak up as an authority figure. Relationships are positive and forefront. Get a haircut and buy new clothes. Be vigilant with income and friendships through mid-Oct.
- Taurus: Be patient with your children and investments; there may be expenses and separations. Take a leadership position and expect a lift with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life. Be careful to manage debts, disputes, legal and health issues. Expect status away from your birth place. Be vigilant at work through mid-Oct.
- Gemini: Connect entrepreneurial ventures with long-distance places – but be patient with expenses through mid-June. Income and friendships are on your side. Make decisions and consider property matters. Expect gains from children, education and investments. Relationships are vulnerable to debts and disputes through mid-Oct.
- Cancer: Gain from family life and large organizations. Connect with friends in high positions. Spend more time at work than home. Redecorate your work space. Be patient with career expenses and consider long-distance ventures through June 23rd. Be vigilant with money and marriage, and to avoid accidents through mid-Oct.
- Leo: Take a leaderships position at work and connect with large organizations. Ask for a raise or promotion; you may receive an award or recognition. Expect gains and good fortune with property and your own self- initiatives. Remain vigilant with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures through mid-Oct.
- Virgo: Be patient with setbacks and focus on research and knowledge. Expect good fortune with long-distance ventures – but take care of father figures through mid-June. Make decisions at work and consider property matters. Be vigilant to avoid accidents. Manage debts, disputes, legal and health issues through mid-Oct.
- Libra: Focus on marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures. These are connected with religion, expenses, good fortune and long-distance journeys through June 23rd. Be patient with setbacks with income, friendships and older siblings. Protect your children, education, and investments through mid-Oct.
- Scorpio: Connect work with marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures through mid-June. Expenses, insomnia and separate sleeping arrangements are likely through June 4th. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, health and legal issues through June 23rd. Property, vehicles and home life are vulnerable through mid-Oct.
- Sagittarius: Gain from children, education, investments, partnerships and joint ventures through June 4th. Take care with father, religious and authority figures through mid-June. These are vulnerable debts, disputes or health issues. Your mind is highly creative; study the fine, healing or performing arts. Be reclusive through mid-Oct.
- Capricorn: Work out of your home and on your home. Redecorate your living space with art, music, beauty and luxuries. Make sure property, vehicles and fixed assets are legal and insured to manage debts and disputes through June 23rd. Be patient with family expenses and separations through mid-Oct.
- Aquarius: Expect good fortune with independent entrepreneurial projects. Connect partnerships with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life (turn your house into a palace) through mid-June. Connect independent projects with education and investments through June 23rd. Protect yourself through mid-Oct.
- Pisces: Enjoy partnerships and joint ventures – connected with property, vehicles and home life. Work with large organizations on entrepreneurial ventures, but be vigilant to manage debts and disputes. Expect short-lived setbacks. Focus on the fine, healing and performing arts. Be vigilant at work through mid-Oct.
About the author: David Hawthorne