Notes: Rahu and Ketu are stationary for three months, (May 4 to August 5). This stationary position generally produces stress worldwide. In this case, they are prolonging problems relative to the global pandemic, the weather and environment, global economics, and societal upheavals.
In the SAMVA* chart for USA, there are no serious afflictions at the present time, which may help reduce the chance for misfortunes. The main and sub period rulers, Sun and Mercury, however, are in the 12th house of losses and hospitals, which is most likely contributing to the increase in covid-19 hospitalizations. Some relief may be seen when Sun and Mercury regain strength on July 21st and August 4th, respectively; other transits notwithstanding.
*Systemsʻ Approach to Mundane Astrology (https://groups.io/g/samva).
2020 Election Comment:
Transit Rahu and Ketu will be causing afflictions during October and November in the horoscope for President Trump.
This indicates serious problems, and most likely an eclipse of his chances for reelection.
These same transits will NOT be afflicting the chart for Vice President Biden.
There will, however, be an affliction of transit Mars to Bidenʻs natal Sun for a few days around the election, indicating a short-lived and unsuccessful dispute over the election results.
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Gemini, from 23:18 to 29:59°. This connects the government with stocks, business, finance, technology, communications and intellectual property.
- Moon is waning and transits Aquarius, Pisces, Aries and into Taurus.
- Mars transits Pisces, from 12:24 to 16:17°. Mars is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for property, but there is some risk of flooding. (Japan Declares ‘Extraordinary Disaster Due to Flooding’.)
- Mercury transits its own sign, Gemini, from 11:45 to 12:00°. Mercury is under the 4th aspect of Mars until July 31st. This connects business, technology and communications with property, the military, police, and national security. Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient. Mercury comes out of retrograde motion on July 12th.
- Jupiter transits its own sign of Sagittarius, from 28:51 to 27:57°. This is an improvement, but Jupiter remains weak until August 10th. Jupiter is in retrograde motion until Sept. 13th. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) – and only when Jupiter is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree (in any house) or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Venus transits its own sign, Taurus, from 14:33 to 18:18°. Venus is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be favorable for women, romance, medicine, finance, entertainment and the fine, healing, and performing arts.
- Saturn transits Capricorn, from 05:25 to 04:50°. Saturn is in good strength and outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be favorable for the masses, the elderly, the poor and needy, agriculture, and the oil, gas and minerals industries.
- Saturn is in retrograde motion, May 11 – Sept. 29. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Cancer, Virgo and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) – and only when Saturn is within 5 degrees of their rising sign degree (in any house) or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 04:51 to 04:49° (stationary). This represents stress for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 4 and 5 degrees –or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of his or her rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Connect your children, education and investments with entrepreneurial ventures, but be vigilant with your own initiatives to avoid debts and disputes. Joint ventures contribute to your status and family through July. Consider a retreat, foreign land, institutional life or relocation through August 16th. Be patient with expenses and separations — and to avoid or manage hospitalization. (Nothing seems serious; just take care.)
- Taurus: Enjoy status with your children, education and investments. Property, vehicles and home life do well. Be vigilant with debts, disputes, health or legal issues through July. Women and the fine, healing or performing arts are forefront. Gain from institutions, long-distance ventures and your organizational skills – and be patient with income and friendships through mid-August.
- Gemini: Enjoy property, vehicles, fixed assets, home life, and entrepreneurial ventures. These remain forefront and favorable. Income, friendships, property matters and executive decisions are connected with your career through mid-August. Expect improvements with partnerships and joint ventures through October.
- Cancer: Be patient with your status and authority figures. Connect your own initiatives with institutional life, but be patient with expenses and separations through July. Gain from women, the arts, property and vehicles, also through July. Expect good fortune with your career through mid-August. There may also be a long-distance venture of a short duration.
- Leo: Gain from business, technology, large organizations, authority figures, and family money. Income and friendships remain forefront. Connect your career with women, the arts, and entrepreneurial ventures through July. Your children, education and investments are subject to both setbacks and spiritual progress through September 19th — along with good fortune through mid-November.
- Virgo: Focus on your career, business, communications and intellectual property through July. Be patient with short-lived expenses or separations. There may be an international venture or windfall with partnerships, but be patient with setbacks through mid-August. Focus on spiritual practices at home through September 19th and enjoy property, vehicles and home life through mid-November.
- Libra: Expect good fortune with income, siblings and friendships. Take care of father and religious figures through July. Focus on research, mystical sciences and knowledge — and be patient with setbacks and to avoid accidents – also through July. Relationships remain vulnerable to debts, disputes, health or legal issues through mid-August. Focus on entrepreneurial projects through mid-Nov.
- Scorpio: Be patient with setbacks and to avoid accidents at work. Connect your career, income and friendships with research and knowledge. Relationships are vulnerable through July. Your mind is competitive; consider engineering and property. Your children, education and investments may have problems with debts, disputes, or health issues through mid-August. Enjoy your wealth, status and family through mid-November.
- Sagittarius: Connect your career with partnerships and joint ventures through July. Income, friendships, and siblings, however, may involve debts, disputes, health or legal issues. Consider investments in property, vehicles and home life through mid-August. Focus on teaching, publishing and consulting through mid-November.
- Capricorn: Be patient with father figures through July. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues. Connect your career with children, education and investments, and study the fine, healing or performing arts, also through July. Work out of your home on independent projects through mid-August. Consider a retreat, relocation, institutional situation, or international venture through mid-November.
- Aquarius: Connect partnerships and joint ventures with children, education and investments – and consider gold or government bonds for one more week. There may be either a windfall or a setback with these as well. Consider property or a new car, and redecorate your home through July. Focus on entrepreneurial ventures through mid-August. Gain from teaching, publishing and consulting through mid-November.
- Pisces: Connect partnerships with property, vehicles and home life, but be patient to manage short-lived debts or disputes. Focus on independent projects associated with women, beauty and the arts, but expect short-lived setbacks through July. Enjoy your status and be courageous through mid-August. Your career does well through mid-November. Teach, publish and advise.
About the Author: David Hawthorne