Notes: Rahu and Ketu complete their 3-month stationary position on August 5th. This has caused stress worldwide, prolonging problems relative to the pandemic, the weather and environment, global economics, and societal upheavals. It most likely will take a few weeks to clear from this position, but relief is on the way.
In the SAMVA* chart for USA, however, transit 6th house ruler, Jupiter, is applying to the 4th house ruler, Venus. This is likely to cause debts, disputes, health and legal issues with property and domestic peace, especially August 15 – October 15.
(Case in point: President Trump recently rescinded the “Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Rule”, a mandate enacted in 2015 as a way to bolster the 1968 Fair Housing Act, which outlawed restrictions on selling or renting homes to people based on race.)
* Systemsʻ Approach to Mundane Astrology (https://groups.io/g/samva).
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Cancer from 13:21 to 20:03°. This connects the government with the public and public facilities such as hotels, hospitals, restaurants, retail establishments, etc. Sun is outside the orb of influence of other planets, but is not stable through mid-August; it is co-dependent on the strength of the fast-moving Moon, which is frequently weak or afflicted.
- Moon is waxing and transits Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, and into Aquarius. The full Moon is in Capricorn, August, 3rd at 10:58 a.m., CDT.
- Mars transits Pisces, from 23:16 to 26:17°. Mars is outside the orb of influence of other planets.
- Mercury transits out of its own sign, Gemini, and into Cancer, August 1st at 5:03 p.m., CDT. Mercury is under the 7th aspect of Saturn, July 31 – August 5. Cancer, Virgo, and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient.
- Jupiter transits its own sign of Sagittarius, from 26:12 to 25:25°. This is helpful, but Jupiter remains weak in degrees until August 10th. Jupiter is also in retrograde motion until Sept. 13th. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) – and only when Jupiter is within 5 degrees of a rising sign degree (in any house) or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Venus transits out of its own sign, Taurus (where it has been since March 28th) and into Gemini on July 31 at 6:41 CDT. Venus is closely conjunct Rahu, July 31st to August 10th. Take care of the women in your life and be careful with transportation. There may be issues with the weather and for the fine, healing and performing arts. Watch for news about well-known women.
- Saturn transits Capricorn, from 03:49 to 03:19°. This should be favorable for the masses, the elderly, the poor and needy, agriculture, and the oil, gas and minerals industries. Saturn is under the 7th aspect of Mercury, July 31st – August 5th. Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
- Saturn is in retrograde motion, May 11 – Sept. 29. The adverse effects of this transit are only for Cancer, Virgo and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) – and only when Saturn is within 5 degrees of a rising sign degree (in any house) or another planet by aspect or conjunction.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Gemini and Sagittarius, respectively, from 04:28 to 04:00° (stationary for three months, (May 4 to August 5).). This represents stress for persons, companies and countries with planets in “odd” signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) between 4 and 5 degrees –or for anyone — whenever Rahu or Ketu are within 5 degrees of his or her rising sign degree (in any house), or any planet (by aspect or conjunction).
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”)
- Aries: Be patient with income and friendships. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues. Children, education and investments are connected with property, vehicles and home life. Be vigilant with relationships; these are vulnerable to sudden events. Expenses and separations since mid-June remain through mid-August and then expect a lift.
- Taurus: Take a leadership position with entrepreneurial ventures. Connect children, education and investments with your career and expect good fortune. Be vigilant with debts, disputes, legal and health issues through August 10th. There may also be losses, expenses and separations with income and friendships through mid-August. Focus on research and ancient knowledge through October.
- Gemini: Speak up an authority figure and focus on entrepreneurial ventures through mid-August. There may be setbacks with property, vehicles and home life. Make executive decisions at work and get organized. Be vigilant to manage sudden expenses and separations with children, education and investments. Joint ventures should do well through October.
- Cancer: Take a leadership position and enjoy your status. Be patient, however, with entrepreneurial setbacks. There may be sudden losses, expenses or separations with property and home life through August 10. Good fortune is connected with your work situation. You have the power to overcome enemies and obstacles through October.
- Leo: Be vigilant for one week with communications and entrepreneurial ventures. These are vulnerable to sudden issues. Continue to get extra rest and be patient with expenses and separations – along with your status and family life — through mid-August. Your best bet is with your children, education and investments. These should do well through October.
- Virgo: Take care to manage debts, disputes, health or legal issues. This also applies to income and friendships. Be vigilant with what you eat and have to say. There may be a sudden event with your wealth, status, and family life. Relationships are vulnerable to setbacks through mid-August. Focus on spiritual practices through mid-September. Enjoy property, vehicles and home life through mid-November.
- Libra: Be vigilant through August 7th. You may be ambitious, but do not take risks. There may be expenses and separations with children, education and investments. Relationships are subject to debts, disputes or health and legal issues through mid-August. Your best bet is in the workplace. Take a leadership position and connect with authority figures. Teach, publish and advise through October.
- Scorpio: Expect good fortune with income, friendships, property, vehicles and home life. On the other hand, be vigilant to manage setbacks, expenses and separations. Children and investments remain subject to debts, disputes or health issues through mid-August. Four months of relationship issues dissipate. Good fortune is with your career. Enjoy your status and family through mid-November.
- Sagittarius: Connect your career with entrepreneurial ventures, research and mystical sciences, but be patient with setbacks and obstructions. Income and friendships are vulnerable to sudden issues. Expect less with authority figures through mid-August. Connect children and investments with property and home life. Teach, publish and advise through mid-November.
- Capricorn: Expect good fortune with your status and family life, but be vigilant to manage sudden issues with your career. Work out of your home on your own initiatives. Be patient with relationships through mid-August. There may be success with institutions or international ventures through October. Wealth, status and family life are on your side for the most part through 2022.
- Aquarius: Lay low and be vigilant for one week. There may be setbacks, obstructions, accidents, debts, disputes or health issues. Use dark blue colors. There is some status with independent projects. Expect good fortune with children, education, investments and spiritual pursuits during August. Teach, publish and advise through mid-November.
- Pisces: Be patient with relationships. There are subject to expenses and separations. Be vigilant with the marital bond and to avoid accidents. Pets, children, education and investments may involve short-lived debts, disputes or health issues through mid-August. Your best bet is your energy, courage and competitive spirit. Focus on your career though mid-November. Teach, publish, consult and advise.