If you don’t know your Vedic Astrology Rising sign please email me and I’ll assist you.
Note: Rahu and Ketu are stationary in the 2-degree range Dec. 19 – Feb. 22. This stationary position typically indicates prolonged stressful events.
Past case in point: Rahu and Ketu were stationary during the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill (April to September 2010).
Recent case in point: Partial Government Shutdown; 800,000 Federal Workers Go Without Pay; farmers, airlines, restaurants, grocery stores, et al., are losing millions of dollars.
(There may be some progress after Jan. 20th, when Sun, ruling the government moves away from the Rahu/Ketu axis.)
Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits Capricorn from 02:42 to 09:49°. This connects the government with working-class persons. Sun remains closely conjunct Ketu until Jan. 20. (There may be some relief for government employees on or shortly after Jan. 20th.)
- Moon transits Taurus, Gemini, Cancer and Leo. The full Moon is in Cancer, Jan. 21st at 12:15 a.m. CST.
- Mars transits Pisces, from 16:47 to 21:31°. This connects water and property. Mars is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets, which should be helpful for the military, police, athletes, and property matters.
- Mercury transits out of Sagittarius and into Capricorn, Jan. 20th at 10:35 a.m. Mercury is closely conjunct Ketu until Jan. 24th. Be vigilant with stocks, business, communications, intellectual property and health and computer viruses.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 20:56 to 22:15°. This is favorable for law, publishing, teaching, education, advisory roles and religious organizations. Jupiter is closely conjunct Venus until Jan. 26th. Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
- Venus transits Scorpio, from 16:11 to 23:51°. This is favorable for law, women, romance, luxuries, medicine, education, entertainment and the fine, healing and performing arts. Venus is closely conjunct Jupiter until Jan. 26th. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 19:10 to 19:58°. This connects law, religion and education with the elderly, the poor and needy, immigrants, and working-class persons.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 02:39 to 02:38°. Those persons with 1 to 3° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 1 to 3°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Focus on retreats, ashrams, institutions, and foreign lands. Be patient with expenses or separations. Be vigilant to manage short-lived debts, disputes or health issues. Get extra rest and focus on your spiritual practice. Partnerships are going through transformations. Income, siblings and friendships may be subject to setbacks.
- Taurus: Expect improvement with property, vehicles and home life – but take care of partnerships, which are vulnerable to debts, disputes, setbacks, accidents or health issues. There may also be short-lived setbacks with your children and investments. Focus on your spiritual practices. There may be gains from long-distance ventures.
- Gemini: Be patient with short-lived setbacks with property, vehicles and home life. Take care of your children, investments and partnerships; these are vulnerable to debts and disputes. Focus on your career and make decisions through Feb. 5th. Be careful with your health, authority figures and entrepreneurial ventures through Feb. 12th.
- Cancer: Expect good fortune at work and seek advice from men who are like brothers. Be vigilant, however, with communications and independent projects. Property, vehicles and home life may be vulnerable to debts and disputes. Focus on partnerships and joint ventures through Feb. 12. These should do well.
- Leo: Be careful with what you eat and have to say – and to manage your status and family life. Connect your children, investments, and entrepreneurial ventures with property and home life. Take care of father figures through Feb. 4 – and manage debts, disputes, health and legal issues through Feb. 12.
- Virgo: Be vigilant this week to manage setbacks. Spend a few more days on property and home life and then shift your attention to your children, education and investments; these may be subject to expenses and separations. Relationships may also be vulnerable. Your best bet is with your own self-initiative and independent projects.
- Libra: Enjoy your wealth, status and family life. Focus on creativity, communications, independent projects, and/or the arts. Be patient with short-lived expenses and separations. Expect gains from property or fixed assets through Feb. 12. Be patient with partnerships. These may be vulnerable to debts, disputes, legal or health issues.
- Scorpio: Connect work with independent projects involving large organizations. Be patient with short-lived setbacks with income and friendships. There may also be expenses, separations or long-distance ventures with your family life. Take care of your children and investments to manage debts, disputes or health issues.
- Sagittarius: Be patient with your career and short-lived setbacks. There may also be expenses, separations and long-distance ventures connected with income and friendships. Invest in property, vehicle and fixed assets. Speak up as an authority figures and expect good fortune with your wealth, status and family life through Feb. 12.
- Capricorn: Be patient with short-lived issues with father and religious figures and long-distance travel. There may also be losses, expenses, separations or long-distance ventures connected with your career. Take a leadership position, but expect setbacks and safeguard against accidents. Work out of your home on independent projects.
- Aquarius: Be vigilant for a few days to manage losses and setbacks and to avoid accidents. There may also be expenses, separations or long-distance ventures with partnerships and joint ventures. Expect good fortune at work and focus on teaching, consulting, independent projects and the fine, healing and performing arts.
- Pisces: Be vigilant to manage short-lived setbacks with relationships — and your career – and be careful to avoid work-related accidents. There may also be short-lived debts, disputes or health issues with income and friendships. Gain from authority figures, the government and large organizations. Enjoy your status, make decisions and focus on physical activity.
About the Author: David Hawthorne