Note 1: The close conjunction of Mars and Ketu (since late May) – along with the stationary position of Rahu and Ketu (since late June) — has contributed to fires, floods, tornadoes, volcanoes, hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes, extreme weather patterns and social/political discord. The impact is through Oct. 6th. Be especially vigilant until Sept. 29th, as Mars and Ketu are currently in extreme close conjunction – (same as they were on Sept. 11, 2001).
Note 2: Transit Venus is now in its own sign of Libra until Jan. 1st. This is a rare and slow-moving favorable transit for women, romance, luxuries, medicine, entertainment, and the fine, healing and performing arts.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Virgo, from 03:04 to 09:55°. This connects the government with business, technology, communications and intellectual property. Sun is under the 9th aspect of Ketu, Sept. 22 – 30. This may cause sudden and serious setbacks for leaders and governments.
- Moon is waxing/waning and transits Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces and into Aries. The full Moon is in Pisces, Sept. 24 at 9:52 p.m. CDT.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 08:06 to 10:24°. Mars is extremely close to Ketu. This continues the stress since June worldwide, relative to fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes, weather and property matters, along with social and political discord. Be especially vigilant through Sept. 29th, while Mars and Ketu are in extreme close conjunction. (Note: Mars was under the close affliction of Ketu when the Twin Towers were destroyed on 9/11.)
- Mercury transits its exaltation sign, Virgo, from 02:19 to 14:51°. Mercury is closely conjunct Sun and under the 9th aspect of Ketu until Sept. 26th. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient. This also may cause setbacks with stocks, business, technology and communications worldwide. Be careful with health and computer viruses.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 26:01 to 27:15°. Jupiter, in Libra, is ruled by Venus. This connects law, religion, morality and education with sexuality and the “scales” of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women and children. (Note the issues this past year with the Catholic Church, along with the “outing of men in power”, including this week’s headline “Supreme Court Nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, Accused of Sexual Assault”.) Let’s hope his slow-moving transit (Sept. 11, 2017 — Oct. 11, 2018) may well provide a long-lived societal transformation.
- Venus transits its own sign, Libra, from 12:32 to 15:22°. Venus now has an unusually long duration in Libra (Sept. 1st – Jan. 1st). This should be a favorable transit for law, women, romance, luxuries, medicine, education, entertainment, and the fine, healing and performing arts. This may also indicate victories for women in the mid-term elections.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 08:34 to 08:46°. Saturn is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This connects law, education and religious values with the elderly, poor and needy, and working-class persons.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 10:37 to 09:52°. Rahu and Ketu remain stationary in the10:00°range until Sept 26th. Those persons with 8 to 11° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 8 to 11°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Focus on your career — but be vigilant to manage serious issues at work and with your health and reputation through Sept. Take care of your children, education and investments through mid-Oct. Expect income and friendships through mid-Oct. Your best bet is marriage, partnerships and joint ventures through Dec.
- Taurus: Connect property, vehicles, and home life with your children, education and investments – but be patient with setbacks with same. Lay low and focus on spiritual practices through Sept. Be patient with money and marriage through mid-Oct. Work on your health and finances and take care of legal matters through Dec.
- Gemini: Be patient with short-lived setbacks with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life. Be vigilant with income and friendships through Sept. Complete partnership arrangements by mid-Oct. Focus on your children, education, investments, luxuries, entertainment, and the fine, healing and performing arts through Dec. Your mind is highly creative.
- Cancer: Focus on independent projects and communications, but be patient with short-lived setbacks with these and your status and family life. Be vigilant at work and with relationships, as these are vulnerable to obstructions through Sept. Your best bet is with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life through Dec.
- Leo: Focus on wealth, status, family life, writing, business, technology and communications. Be patient, however, as there may be short-lived setbacks. Take care of father and religious figures and, if possible, postpone travel through Sept. Focus on independent projects with the arts, women, luxuries, medicine and entertainment through Dec.
- Virgo: Take a leadership position. Focus on yourself, health, writing, business, technology, communications, intellectual property and spiritual path. Be patient with short-lived setbacks. Be vigilant with money and marriage, connected with children, investments and education through Sept. Enjoy your status and family life through Dec.
- Libra: Gain from long-distance ventures, but be patient with short-lived setbacks with income and friendships. Be vigilant with partnerships and joint ventures connected with property, vehicles and home life through Sept. Enjoy a lift with your health, creativity, appearance and reputation through the end of the year.
- Scorpio: Focus on your career, income and friendships – but be patient with setbacks. Be vigilant with debts, disputes, legal and health issues through Sept. These are vulnerable to obstructions. Separations and expenses are also likely through mid-Oct. Consider retreats, institutional life and long-distance ventures through Dec.
- Sagittarius: Take a leadership position and focus on your career, writing, business, computers, and intellectual property – but be patient with setbacks. Protect your children, education and investments – these are vulnerable through Sept. Enjoy income and friendships relative to the arts, women, luxuries, medicine, and entertainment through Dec.
- Capricorn: Take care of father and religious figures, and if possible, avoid long-distance travel. Be vigilant with property, vehicles and home life through Sept. There may be setbacks. Career expenses are likely through mid-Oct. Connect your career with women, luxuries, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts through Dec.
- Aquarius: Be patient with expenses and separations with partnerships and joint ventures. Be vigilant to manage losses and setbacks with younger siblings and entrepreneurial ventures through Sept. Expect good fortune with income, friendships, and consulting through mid-Oct. Consider spiritual and long-distance journeys through Dec.
- Pisces: Be patient with debts, disputes, legal or health issues with joint ventures. Be vigilant with what you say and take care of your status and family life. These are vulnerable to setbacks through Sept. Expect a lift with your career after mid-Oct. Focus on marriage, insurance, inheritance, research, and knowledge through Dec.
About the Author: David Hawthorne