Note 1: The close conjunction of Mars and Ketu (since late May) – along with the stationary position of Rahu and Ketu (since late June) — has contributed to fires, floods, tornadoes, volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, extreme weather patterns and social/political discord. The impact is through Oct. 6th. Be especially vigilant Sept. 19 – 29, when Mars and Ketu are in extreme close conjunction.
Note 2: Transit Venus is now in its own sign of Libra until Jan. 1st. This is a rare and slow-moving favorable transit relative to women, romance, luxuries, medicine entertainment, and the fine, healing and performing arts.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits out of Leo and into Virgo, Sept. 16 at 8:16 p.m., CDT. Sun is weak in degrees until Sept. 21st. Leaders, physicians, administrators, and government officials should get extra rest. Sun is closely conjunct Mercury until Sept. 26th. Aries, Libra, and Aquarius rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
- Moon is waxing and transits Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius and into Capricorn. Moon, in Scorpio, is debilitated, Sept. 14 – 16. Watch your emotional state, be vigilant in crowds and with volatile persons.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 06:19 to 08:06°. Mars is coming back to its previous conjunction with Ketu. This may cause stress similar to what we saw June – August, relative to fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, weather and property matters, along with social/political discord through Oct. 6th. Be especially vigilant Sept. 19 – 29, when Mars and Ketu are in extreme close conjunction.
- Mercury transits out of Leo and into its exaltation sign, Virgo, Sept. 18, at 5:44 p.m., CDT. Mercury is closely conjunct Sun until Sept. 26th. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 24:52 to 26:01°. Jupiter is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord) Venus until mid-Oct. Venus is in excellent strength and connects law, religion, morality and education with women, sexuality and the scales of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women. (CBS Chairman and CEO, Les Moonves, is forced to resign amid sexual harassment allegations.) This slow-moving transit (Sept. 2017 — Oct. 2018) may well provide the basis of a long-lived societal transformation.
- Venus transits its own sign, Libra, from 08:29 to 12:32°. Venus will have an unusually long duration in Libra (Sept. 1st – Jan. 1st). This should be a favorable transit for law, women, romance, luxuries, medicine, entertainment, and the fine, healing and performing arts.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 08:27 to 08:34°. Saturn is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This connects law, education and religious values with the elderly, poor and needy, and working-class persons.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 10:47 to 10:37°. Rahu and Ketu remain stationary in the 10:00°range until Sept 26th. Those persons with 9 to 11° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 9 to 11°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Spend a few more days on your children, education and investments. Focus on your career and make decisions. Exercise patience at work through mid-Oct. to manage explosive situations. Enjoy marriage, relationships, joint ventures, partnerships, long-distance places and/or foreign lands through Dec.
- Taurus: Spend a few more days on property, vehicles and home life. Take care of marriage, windfalls, inheritance, father and religious figures through mid-Oct. Work on a new health regime, refinance debts, and take care of legal matters, including Wills, Living Trusts, legal and insurance settlements through Dec.
- Gemini: Spend a few more days on entrepreneurial ventures. Be vigilant with income, friendships, and older siblings through Oct. 6th. Focus on joint ventures through mid-Oct. Things go well for your children, education and investments through Dec. Invest in the arts, vehicles, luxuries and entertainment. Your mind is highly creative.
- Cancer: Shift your focus to independent projects. Exercise patience at work and with relationships through Oct. 6th. Be careful with debts, disputes, legal or health issues through mid-Oct. Redecorate your home, enjoy domestic bliss, and consider property and a new car before the end of the year.
- Leo: Spend a few more days on writing, business, technology, communications, and leadership. Connect relationships with your children, education, investments, and entrepreneurial ventures through mid-Oct. Focus on independent projects with women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts through Dec.
- Virgo: Be patient with expenses and separations and spend a few more days being reclusive. Expect a lift next week. Be vigilant to manage setbacks with marriage, windfalls and inheritance through Oct. 6th. There may be highs and low with property, vehicles and home life through mid-Oct. Enjoy an improvement with your wealth, status and family life through Dec.
- Libra: Be patient with income and friendships; there may be expenses and separations. Relationships and joint ventures associated with property are vulnerable to setbacks through Oct. 6th. Connect children, education and investments with independent projects. Enjoy a lift with your health, creativity, appearance and reputation through the end of the year.
- Scorpio: Spend a few more days on leadership and large organizations. Connect work with writing, business, brokering and communications. Be vigilant with debts, disputes, legal and health issues through Oct. 6th. There may be separations and expenses through mid-Oct. Focus on retreats, institutional life and long-distance ventures through Dec.
- Sagittarius: Expect a lift with your professional life. Take a leadership position at work through mid-Oct. Protect your children, education and investments and be patient with setbacks through Oct. 6th. Enjoy income, friendships and gains from women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts through Dec.
- Capricorn: Spend another week on research. Be careful with property, vehicles and home life through Oct. 6th. Take care of father and religious figures and with short journeys through mid-Oct. Connect your career with women, luxuries, entertainment, the arts, retreats, institutions or long-distance ventures through Dec.
- Aquarius: Be patient with relationships. Connect entrepreneurial projects with retreats or long-distance ventures, but be vigilant to manage setbacks, expenses and separations with same through Oct. 6th. Expect good fortune with income, friendships, and consulting through mid-Oct. Consider spiritual pilgrimages and long-distance journeys through Dec.
- Pisces: Be patient with relationships. Your partner may need to focus on health and finances. Expect income and friendships, but there may be stress with your status through Oct. 6th. You are on the home stretch with career setbacks; expect a lift after mid-Oct. Focus on marriage, insurance, inheritance, research, and knowledge through Dec.
About the Author: David Hawthorne