Note 1: The close conjunction of Mars and Ketu (since May), and the stationary position of Rahu and Ketu (since June) are beginning to dissipate. This should bring the start of relief from the fires, floods, tornadoes, volcanoes, hurricanes, typhoons, tsunamis and earthquakes experienced worldwide over the past 4 months.
Note 2: Transit Venus is now in its own sign of Libra until Jan. 1st. This is a favorable transit for law, women, romance, finance, luxuries, medicine, and the fine, healing and performing arts. This may also indicate victories for women in the mid-term elections.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Virgo, from 16:48 to 23:43°. This connects the government with business, technology, communications and intellectual property.
- Moon is waning/waxing and transits Cancer, Leo, Virgo, and into Libra.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 13:07 to 16:13°. Mars is now separating from Ketu, where it has been for the past 4 months. This should reduce the stress experienced worldwide — relative to fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, typhoons, tsunamis, earthquakes, and property matters.
- Mercury moves out of its exaltation sign, Virgo, and into Libra on October 6th at 2:12 a.m. CDT. Mercury is weak in degrees until Oct. 9th. Be patient with stocks, business, technology, communications, and intellectual property.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 28:13 to 29:55°. Jupiter, in Libra, is ruled by Venus. This connects law, religion, morality and education with sexuality and the “scales” of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women and children. This slow-moving transit (Sept. 11, 2017 — Oct. 11, 2018) will hopefully provide a long-lived societal transformation.
Note: Over the past year more than 200 prominent men — CEOs, celebrities, politicians, et al. — have been the subject of sexual harassment or assault allegations (including the current Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh). https://www.vox.com/a/sexual-harassment-assault-allegations-list.
- Venus transits its own sign, Libra, from 16:40 to 16:08°. Venus now has an unusually long duration in Libra (Sept. 1st – Jan. 1st). This should be favorable for law, women, romance, luxuries, medicine, education, entertainment, and the fine, healing and performing arts. This may also indicate victories for women in court and in the national mid-term elections.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 09:02 to 09:23°. Saturn is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This connects law, education and religious values with the elderly, poor and needy, and working-class persons.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 09:25 to 08:33°. Those persons with 7 to 10° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 7 to 10°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Focus on your career and property and make executive decisions. Take care of your children, education and investments through Oct. 16th. These are subject to debts, disputes or health issues. Your best bet is with marriage, partnerships, joint ventures and long-distance ventures.
- Taurus: Connect property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life with your children, education and investments. Expect improvement with expenses, separations and long-distance ventures. Exercise patience with work, money and marriage to manage debts and disputes. Focus on research, language, and knowledge.
- Gemini: Focus on property, vehicles, and fixed assets and work on independent, entrepreneurial projects out of your home. Setbacks with income and friendships over the past 4 months begin to dissipate. Your best bet is with your children, education, investments and creative projects through Dec. Study and invest in the arts and entertainment.
- Cancer: Focus on independent ventures through mid-Oct. Recent setbacks with your career dissipate. Connect work with partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. Be patient with money and marriage to manage debts and disputes. Enjoy property and home life, and consider a new car before the end of the year.
- Leo: Speak up as an authority figure and enjoy your status and family life. Exercise patience with father and religious figures and long-distance ventures through Oct. Focus on independent and entrepreneurial ventures connected with women, luxuries and the fine, healing and performing arts through Dec.
- Virgo: Take a leadership position – but be patient with losses, expenses and separations through mid-Oct. Recent setbacks with money and marriage dissipate. Take care of your children, education and investments through Oct. Enjoy your status and family life connected with women and the fine, healing and performing arts.
- Libra: Be patient with losses, expenses and separations connected with income, friendships and siblings through mid-Oct. Setbacks with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures over the past 4 months dissipate. Get a haircut, buy new clothes and go to a health spa. Enjoy a lift with your life through the end of the year.
- Scorpio: Enjoy income and friendships connected with work through mid-Oct. Expect some relief with the debts, disputes, legal or health issues over the past 4 months – but continue to be vigilant with independent projects and communications through Oct. Consider long-distance, foreign and institutional ventures through Dec.
- Sagittarius: Take a leadership position and connect with large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. Ask for raise or promotion; you may get an award or recognition. Setbacks with your children, education and investments over the past 4 months begin to dissipate. Enjoy income, friendships, women and the fine, healing or performing arts through Dec.
- Capricorn: Take care of father, religious, and authority figures through mid-Oct. Recent setbacks with property, vehicles and home life begin to dissipate. Be patient with your status and family life. Focus on your career – connected with women and the fine, healing or performing arts through the end of the year.
- Aquarius: Be patient with partnerships and joint ventures through mid-Oct. These are vulnerable to setbacks or accidents. The worst is over with the losses, expenses and separations with independent projects over the past 4 months – but continue to be patient through Oct. Expect good fortune with women and the fine, healing and performing arts through Dec.
- Pisces: Be vigilant with relationships; these are vulnerable to debts, disputes, legal and health issues through mid-Oct. Setbacks with your status and family life over the past 4 months begin to dissipate. Gain from property, brothers, and executive decisions. Expect a lift with your career after Oct. 10. Focus on marriage, research, and ancient knowledge through Dec.
About the Author: David Hawthorne