Case Study: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex has the Sagittarius rising sign with Sun in Leo and Moon in Aries. These are all fire (pitta!) signs.
Here is the link to my dad’s YouTube channel, where you can watch 2 videos with the Vedic astrology reading he did for Prince Harry’s horoscope:
Notes: The transits of the planets this week are quite difficult, which makes it a challenge to bring out positive elements — so please feel free to take a break from this week’s column!
Sun and Mars are both under the influence of Ketu. This is not ideal worldwide — especially for leaders, military, police, governments and property matters. Typically, there are setbacks and explosive situations. Rest and meditation are the watchwords.
Additionally, Venus is under the close influence of both Jupiter and Saturn. Take care of the women in your life, watch the weather, and be careful with romance, luxuries, transportation, and entertainment.
NOTE ON HAWAII: In the chart for Hawaii, transit Rahu afflicts natal Moon, Mercury and Ketu, while transit Ketu afflicts natal Rahu. The impact continues for several months; so not much relief is seen.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Taurus, from 08:53 to 15:36°. Sun is under the 5th aspect of Ketu until June 3rd. This connects leaders with spirituality but also brings setbacks, explosions or calamities. Presidents, physicians, administrators and governments should be vigilant.
- Moon transits Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and into Sagittarius. The full Moon in Scorpio on May 29th is both debilitated and under the influence of Rahu. Watch your emotional state and be vigilant in crowds and around volatile persons.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 08:49 to 11:01°. Mars is closely conjunct Ketu until June 22. This is not ideal and may cause setbacks or calamities for the military, police, athletes, surgeons, executives and property matters. (Pray for Hawaii.)
- Mars is in Capricorn until Nov. 5. Gemini, Leo, and Aquarius rising sign persons should be vigilant, as Mars transits their 8th, 6thand 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Note: There are likely to be issues relative to war, military police, athletes, executives, volcanoes, earthquakes, explosions and property matters during May 30 – June 13; July 10 – 27; and Sept. 19 – 29, when Mars and Ketu are intensely closely conjunct.
- Mercury transits out of Aries and into Taurus, May 26th at 10:02 p.m. CDT. Mercury moves away from the influence of Jupiter, which should be helpful for Taurus, Cancer, and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 22:21 to 21:34°. Jupiter moves away from the influence of Mercury, which should be helpful for Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons, companies and countries.
- Venus transits Gemini, from 11:27 to 19:46°. Venus is under the 7th aspect of Saturn until May 29th. Cancer, Virgo, and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries (including USA) should be vigilant as Saturn rules their 8th, 6th, and 12th(inauspicious) houses, respectively. Venus is also under the 9th aspect of Jupiter, May 27th to June 5th. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies, and countries (including USA) should be vigilant as Jupiter rules their 8th, 6th, and 12th(inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 14:01 to 13:38°. Saturn is under the 7th aspect of Venus until May 29th. Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries should be vigilant as Venus rules their 6th, 12th and 8th (inauspicious) houses, respectively. Saturn is in retrograde motion until September 6th. Saturn remains in Sagittarius until Jan. 2020. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient as Saturn is transiting their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 14:14 to 13:12°. Those persons with 12 to 14° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 12 to 14°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”:
- Aries: Focus on your career and make decisions – but balance material life with spiritual practices. Expect highs and lows and setbacks. Do not take risks and chances. Take care of your father, children, and investments. Your best bet is entrepreneurial joint ventures. Speak up on spiritual matters.
- Taurus: Take a leadership position but be vigilant to manage debts and disputes at work. Connect spirituality with home life. Be patient with setbacks with property and father figures. Recent issues children and investments dissipate. Be patient with expenses, separations and long-distance ventures.
- Gemini: Be vigilant with income, friendships, authority figures, and independent projects, which are vulnerable to setbacks and expenses. Children, education, creativity and investments are forefront and connected with relationships and good fortune. Focus on partnerships through mid-Oct.
- Cancer: Lay low, get extra rest, and do not take risks or chances. Setbacks are likely all around, including with property, vehicles, home life, status, work, and authority figures. Bring in the spiritual element. Focus on writing, business, communications, and intellectual property.
- Leo: Focus on your career, but be patient with setbacks, including debts or disputes at work. Get extra rest and meditation, take care of your father, and avoid risks or chances. Expect gains from women, the arts, children, investments and independent projects. Teach, publish and advise.
- Virgo: Focus on research, marriage, windfalls and mystical sciences. Be patient with setbacks with your children, education and investments. Be vigilant if traveling or in foreign lands and take care of father figures. Connect your career with women and the arts – but be vigilant at work to manage debts and disputes.
- Libra: Expect good fortune and focus on father and religious figures, and on spiritual or long-distance journeys. Your children, education, and investments do well. There may be setbacks with income, friendships and older siblings. Partnerships, joint ventures and property matters are vulnerable to setbacks.
- Scorpio: Connect work with partnerships and long-distance ventures — but be patient with setbacks and with relationships. Take care of your health and finances and be vigilant to manage debts and disputes. Be patient with expenses and separations connected with property, vehicles and home life.
- Sagittarius: Take care of father, religious, and authority figures. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes and health issues. Your children, education and investments are subject to setbacks. Expect income and friendships connected with partnerships, joint ventures, and entrepreneurial projects.
- Capricorn: Lay low, get extra rest, expect less, and take care of yourself. There may be setbacks all around. Slow down to avoid accidents. Be vigilant at work and with family life and long-distance ventures to manage debts and disputes. Expenses and separations are likely.
- Aquarius: Expect good fortune with income, friendships, your children, education and investments. Be patient with setbacks with partnerships, joint ventures, foreign lands, and entrepreneurial projects. There may be expenses or separations with property, vehicles and family life.
- Pisces: Lay low and get extra rest. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes and health issues. There may be setbacks with your status and family life. Expenses, separations, vulnerability and transformations are possible. Redecorate your home and be of service to others in the workplace.
About the Author: David Hawthorne