Planetary Transits for May 17 – May 23
Note 1: Sun is in Taurus through June 14. This is favorable for 9 rising signs. Gemini, Libra and Sagittarius rising sign persons, however, should be vigilant as Sun transits their 12th, 8th, and 6th (inauspicious) houses, respectively. Venus is in Gemini throughJune 8. This is favorable for 9 rising signs. Taurus, Scorpio, and Capricorn rising sign persons, however, should be vigilant as Venus transits their 12th, 8th, and 6th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
Note 2: In the chart for Hawaii, transit Rahu afflicts natal Moon, Mercury and Ketu, while transit Ketu afflicts natal Rahu. The impact is for several months, so not much relief is seen.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Taurus, from 02:08 to 08:53°. Sun is outside the orb of influence of other planets and is not co-dependent on any other planet. This should be favorable for earthy, practical, progress for leaders, presidents, physicians, administrators and governments.
- Moon is waxing and transits Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo and into Virgo.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 06:16 to 08:49°. Mars is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be favorable for the military, police, athletes, realtors, surgeons and executives. This should also be favorable for property matters.
- Mars is in Capricorn until Nov. 5. Gemini, Leo, and Sagittarius rising sign persons should be vigilant, as Mars transits their 8th, 6th and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Note: There are likely to be issues relative to war, military police, athletes, executives, volcanoes, earthquakes, explosions and property matters during May 30 – June 13; July 10 – 27; and Sept. 19 – 29, when Mars and Ketu are closely conjunct.
- Mercury transits Aries, from 11:46 to 24:17°. Mercury is under the 7th aspect of Jupiter, May 20th – May 25th. This connects stocks, business and communications with law, education and religion. Taurus, Cancer, and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be vigilant, as Jupiter rules their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 23:12 to 22:21°. Jupiter is under the 7th aspect of Mercury, May 20th – May 25th. This connects law, religion and education with stocks, business and communications. Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons, companies and countries should be vigilant, as Mercury rules their 6th, 12th and 8th (inauspicious) houses, respectively. Jupiter is retrograde until July 10th.
- Venus transits Gemini, from 03:05 to 11:27°. Venus is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for women, romance, creativity, social exchanges and the fine, healing and performing arts.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 14:22 to 14:01°. Saturn is in good strength, as is its dispositor (landlord) Jupiter. This should be helpful relative to law, religion and education — for working-class persons, the elderly, the poor and needy, and immigrants – and for those involved in agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas, and minerals industries. Saturn is in retrograde motion until September 6th.
- Saturn remains in Sagittarius until Jan. 2020. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient as Saturn is transiting their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 14:28 to 14:14°. Those persons with 13 to 15° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 13 to 15°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”:
- Aries: Focus on your career and leadership. Make executive decisions and consider property matters. Expect status with your children, education and investments. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes and health issues. Expect good fortune with partnerships and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Taurus: Take a leadership position and connect with large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. Property, vehicles and home life are forefront and positive. Be patient with expenses with your children, education and investments. Be vigilant at work and when speaking to avoid disputes.
- Gemini: Exercise patience with authority figures and entrepreneurial expenses – and consider long-distance ventures. Children, education and investments are forefront. Buy new clothes and consider a day spa. Expect good fortune with partnerships. Income and friendships remain vulnerable through Oct.
- Cancer: Expect a lift with your status and family life. Gain from father and authority figures and large organizations. Connect your career with independent writing, business, technology and communications projects. Be patient with property and vehicle expenses. Focus on partnerships through Oct.
- Leo: Take a leadership position and focus on your career. Connect with large, spiritual, medical or government organizations in the workplace. Expect income and friendships connected with women, luxuries, entertainment and independent projects. Take care of father and religious figures through Oct.
- Note: In the LEO chart for President Trump, Mars, ruling his favorable 9th house, transits his unfavorable 6th house. This could indicate debts, disputes, health and legal problems until the evening of Nov. 5th (the night before the midterm elections).
- Virgo: Focus on research, marriage, inheritance, windfalls, and mystical sciences. Be patient with short-lived setbacks. Expect a lift at work and connect your career with women, luxuries, entertainment and the arts. Consider long-distance ventures. Take care of your children and investments through Oct.
- Libra: Expect good fortune and connect with father and religious figures. Seek spiritual advice from the women in your life. There may be a windfall — but take care of income, friendships and older siblings through mid-June. Relationship expenses are likely. Consider property partnerships through Oct.
- Scorpio: Connect your work with partnerships and long-distance ventures through mid-June. Be vigilant with income, friendships and older siblings to manage debts and disputes. Be patient with insomnia, intimacy, ashrams and foreign lands through June 8 — and with entrepreneurial projects through Oct.
- Sagittarius: Connect your career with children, education and investments. Expect gains from partnerships and joint ventures. Be open to relationships with women. Take care of your heart, stomach, blood, bones, and immune system. There may be issues with father and religious figures.
- Capricorn: Enjoy property, vehicles and home life. Be courageous and make decisions. Work out of your home on writing, business, finance, and technology. Take care of your children and investments. Be vigilant at work to manage debts, disputes, fire, theft, cheating or false allegations against you.
- Aquarius: Focus on income, friendships and service to others. Connect partnerships and joint ventures with property matters. Expect good fortune with your children, education, and investments. Your mind is creative. Study the fine, healing or performing arts. Be patient with entrepreneurial setbacks.
- Pisces: Expect status from writing, business, partnerships, and long-distance projects. Redecorate your living space – but be careful at home and with transportation to avoid accidents. Be vigilant with communications and independent projects to avoid debts and disputes. Focus on research through mid-Oct.
About the Author: David Hawthorne