WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits out of its exaltation sign, Aries, and into Taurus, May 14th at 6:33 p.m. CDT. Sun is under the 7th aspect of Jupiter until May 13th. This is favorable for 9 rising signs – however, Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient, as Jupiter rules their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Moon is waning and transits Aquarius, Pisces, Aries and Taurus. The new Moon is in its exaltation sign, Taurus, on May 15th.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 03:26 to 06:16°. Mars is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be favorable for the military, police, athletes, realtors and executives. This should also be favorable for property matters. Note: It may be the weakness of Mars last week, (ruling property) transiting out of Sagittarius and into Capricorn that opened the doors for the volcanic activity in Hawaii. If so, there is likely to be other issues with wars, volcanoes, earthquakes and explosions during May 30 – June 13; July 10 – 27; and Sept. 19 – 29, when Mars and Ketu are closely conjunct.
- Mercury transits Aries, from 00:59 to 11:46°. Mercury is under the 4th aspect of Mars until May 16th. This should be good for engineering, mathematics, and business matters connected with property and executive decisions. Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio, and rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient, as Mars rules their 12th, 8th, and 6th(inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 24:05 to 23:12°. Jupiter is under the 7th aspect of Sun until May 13th. Virgo, Capricorn, and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries should be careful and patient, as Sun rules their 12th, 8th, and 6th (inauspicious) houses, respectively. Jupiter is retrograde until July 10th.
- Jupiter, in Libra, connects law, religion, morality and education with women, sexuality and the scales of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women. (New York Attorney General Resigns Over Allegations of Physically Abusing Women.) This slow-moving transit (Sept. 2017–Oct. 2018) may well provide a long-lived societal transformation.
- Venus transits out of its own sign of Taurus and into Gemini on May 14th at 10:16 a.m. CDT. Venus is outside the orb of influence of other planets — but is weak in degrees until May 18th. Take care of the women in your life and be patient with the weather, luxuries, entertainment and transportation.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 14:38 to 14:22°. Saturn is in good strength, as is its dispositor (landlord) Jupiter. This should be helpful relative to law, religion and education — for working-class persons, the elderly, the poor and needy, and immigrants – and for those involved in agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas, and minerals industries. Saturn is in retrograde motion until September 6th.
- Saturn remains in Sagittarius until Jan. 2020. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient as Saturn is transiting their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 15:29 to 14:28°. Those persons with 13 to 16° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 13 to 16°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”:
- Aries: Focus on your career and leadership. Make executive decisions and consider property matters. Your children, education and investments remain forefront. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes and health issues. Expect good fortune with partnerships and joint ventures.
- Taurus: Be patient with expenses with property, vehicles and home life. Get a haircut and buy new clothes. Be vigilant with debts, disputes and health issues. Take care of your children, education and investments through May 26th. Consider a long-distance venture through Oct.
- Gemini: Continue to exercise patience with setbacks, expenses and separations with your children, education, investments, partnerships, income, friendships and siblings. Focus on work and research connected with writing, business, brokering, technology and communications.
- Cancer: Focus on work and independent projects connected with writing, business, brokering, computers, technology, communications and intellectual property. Gain from women, luxuries, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Consider partnerships and long-distance ventures through Oct.
- Leo: Enjoy family life. Connect partnerships, long-distance ventures, children, education, investments, and communications with your career. Work on independent projects involving women and the arts. Teach, publish, and advise. There may be issues with father figures through Oct.
- Virgo: Focus on research, language, and mystical sciences through May 26th. Be patient with setbacks and transformations. There is support for your health, finances, property, and family life. Seek spiritual advice from women. Expect improvement next week with long-distance ventures and father figures.
- Libra: Focus on research, language and mystical sciences for another week. Windfalls, marriage, inheritance and settlements – along with setbacks – remain likely for another week. There may also be expenses and separations connected with relationships and long-distance ventures.
- Scorpio: Be vigilant for a few more days at work to avoid debts, disputes, fire, theft, and accidents. Be patient with income, friendships and older siblings, which are connected with debts, disputes, or health issues. There may also be expenses/separations with partnerships.
- Sagittarius: Be patient with income, friendships and older sibling. Study writing, business, technology and communications. Take care of father figures through mid-June. Connect your work with children, education, investments, and creative projects. These do well for the most part through Oct.
- Capricorn: Recent setbacks with property and family life dissipate and may bring good fortune. Work out of your home on writing, business, finances and technology. Connect work with children, education and investments. Be patient with your career through June 8th to avoid debts and disputes.
- Aquarius: Focus on income and friendships. Expect good fortune with property, vehicles and home life. Work on partnerships and large independent projects – but be patient with setbacks through May 26th. Teach, publish and advise — and consider long-distance ventures through Oct.
- Pisces: Be vigilant to avoid disputes. Expect a lift with your status, connected with partnerships and long-distance ventures. Speak up on business and financial matters. Focus on work-related research through mid-Oct. Gain from property, competition and your organizing skills through Oct.
About the Author: David Hawthorne