THE SOLAR AND LUNAR ECLIPSES OF JULY 2018
This year, there will be a partial solar eclipse on July 12th and a total lunar eclipse on July 27th.
Typically, there can be unfavorable events worldwide during this 2-week period. (Watch for significant national/international events and news about highly-placed persons.)
The partial solar eclipse occurs on July 12th at 8:48 PM CT during a new Moon in the sign of Gemini — and will not be visible in the U.S. Only those in southern Australia and northern Antarctica will be able to view the eclipse as it occurs over the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
The total lunar eclipse occurs on July 27th at 2:30 PM CT during a full Moon in the sign of Capricorn. The eclipse will also not be visible in the U.S., but rather in Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe, and South America. It is considered to be the longest eclipse of the 21st century.
According to Vedic astrologers, eclipses are not favorable and it is better to rest, fast, listen to spiritual music or chants, and meditate during the eclipse. It is also said that spiritual practices such as yoga are much more profound and evolutionary when performed during the time of the eclipse.
If we consider that Rahu and Ketu, the north and south nodes of the Moon, cause the eclipses, then we see that these negative influences are “swallowing” the Sun and Moon, which are the king and queen of the planetary cabinet, ruling our minds, emotions, hearts and souls. Watch your emotional state and be careful in crowds or around volatile persons.
*Note that all references to astrological signs are according to Vedic Astrology and the sidereal zodiac, which is 23 degrees earlier than the tropical zodiac used by Western Astrologers.
In the SAMVA chart for USA*, the 6th house ruler, Jupiter, and the 10th house ruler, Mars, are both under the close influence of Rahu and Ketu. This is not ideal nationwide. There can be debts, disputes, setbacks, litigation, explosions and unexpected adverse events.
*The chart for USA was developed by members of the Systems’ Approach to Mundane Astrology organization.” (SAMVA@yahoogroups.com).
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits out of Gemini and into Cancer, July 16th at 11:56 a.m. CDT. Sun is outside the orb of influence of other planets but is weak in degrees until July 21st. Leaders and governments should get extra rest.
- Moon is waxing and transits Gemini, Cancer, Leo, and into Virgo. The new Moon is in Gemini, July 12th at 9:47 p.m. CDT.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 13:39 to 12:08°. Mars is closely conjunct Ketu until August 1. This is not ideal worldwide and represents setbacks, explosions and calamities. (Note the wildfires, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, violence, and extreme weather patterns since the beginning of this conjunction on May 25th.) Issues are likely to intensify July 10 – 27; and Sept. 19 – 29, when Mars and Ketu are within one degree of each other.
- Mars is in Capricorn until Nov. 5. Gemini, Leo, and Aquarius rising sign persons should be vigilant as Mars transits their 8th, 6thand 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Mercury transits Cancer, from 22:07 to 27:23°. Mercury is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord), Moon, until Sept. 2nd. Moon is a fast-moving, frequently afflicted planet – so expect fluctuations with stocks, business, finance, technology, communications and intellectual property.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 19:14 to 19:20°. Jupiter, in Libra, connects law, religion, morality and education with women, sexuality and the scales of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women. This slow-moving transit (Sept. 2017 — Oct. 2018) may well provide a long-lived societal transformation.
- Venus transits Leo, from 08:14 to 15:58°. This connects women and the fine, healing and performing arts with royal, medical, and government activities. Venus is under the 8th aspect of Mars until July 20th. Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies, and countries should be careful and patient.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 10:40 to 10:12°. Saturn is retrograde, April 17 – Sept. 6. Saturn remains in Sagittarius until Jan. 2020. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) are vulnerable as Saturn is transiting their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 11:47 to 11:49°. Rahu and Ketu are now stationary in the11:00°range until Sept 11th. This 11-week period is not ideal worldwide. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”:
- Aries: Lay low until Aug. 1st. Get extra rest and focus on your spiritual practices. There may be fluctuations between material and spiritual life — connected with work and home life. Study and consider investments in the fine, healing and performing arts. There may be good fortune with partnerships and joint ventures.
- Taurus: Be patient with expenses, separations, intimacy, insomnia, and long-distance ventures. Connect your children, education, investments and creative projects with entrepreneurial projects involving writing, business, technology and communications. Redecorate your home — -but manage debts and disputes with property and family life.
- Gemini: Spend a few more days on leadership and independent projects. Be patient with income and friendships through July. Connect your children, education and investments with entrepreneurial ventures involving women, luxuries, and the fine, healing and performing arts. Speak up on business matters. There may be status with property, vehicles and home life.
- Cancer: Connect your career with partnerships and joint ventures – but be vigilant to manage fluctuations at work through July. There may be status from property, family life, and long-distance ventures. Speak up on the fine, healing and performing arts. Focus on writing, business and communications.
- Leo: Take care of father and religious figures through July. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes and health issues. Focus on independent projects connected with women and the fine, healing or performing arts. Get a haircut and buy new clothes. Consider a retreat, vacation, or long-distance venture mid-July to mid-August.
- Virgo: Focus on income, friendship and siblings. Gain from writing, business, communications and intellectual property. There may be expenses and separations with your status and family life. Be vigilant to avoid accidents and money and marriage issues through July. Teach, publish, and consult through mid-Oct.
- Libra: Focus on income, friendships and siblings. Connect work with writing, business, communications and intellectual property – but be patient to manage expenses and separations. Be vigilant with partnerships, joint ventures, and long-distance ventures through July. Teach, publish and advise through mid-Oct.
- Scorpio: Income and friendships should do well. Be patient, however, with setbacks at work. Redecorate your workspace and connect with women and the fine, healing or performing arts. There may be expenses, separations, and long-distance ventures connected with work. Be vigilant to manage debts, disputes and health issues through July.
- Sagittarius: Exercise patience at work to manage setbacks. Focus on research, language and knowledge. Get spiritual advice from women. Take care of your mind, children, education and investments through July. These are vulnerable to fluctuations. Gain from teaching, publishing and advisory roles.
- Capricorn: Connect work with research, language, and knowledge – but be patient with setbacks through July. Be vigilant with property, vehicles and home life. These are vulnerable to extremes. Expect mostly good fortune with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures through Aug.
- Aquarius: Expect good fortune for your partner. Connect relationships with women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts. Be vigilant with communications and independent projects. These are vulnerable to losses, expenses and separations. Money and marriage may be stressed through Aug.
- Pisces: Be careful for a few more days with property, vehicles, and home life. Be vigilant when speaking. Expect fluctuations with your status and family life through July. Connect relationships with children, education and investments, and study writing, business, technology, and communications through Aug.
About the Author: David Hawthorne