|Where the Vedic Astrology Planets are this Week
- Sun transits out of Scorpio and into Sagittarius, Dec. 15 at 10:40 p.m. CST. Sun is weak in degrees until Dec. 20th. Leaders, physicians, administrators and government officials should get extra rest.
Moon is waxing and transits Aquarius, Pisces, and Aries.
- Mars transits Aquarius from 23:19 to 27:57°. Mars is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets.
- Mercury transits Scorpio, from 06:05 to 13:34°. Mercury moves away from the 5th aspect of Rahu, which should be helpful for stocks, business, communications, and intellectual property. Mercury is closely conjunct Jupiter, Dec. 17 – 24. Taurus, Cancer, and Capricorn rising sign person, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient.
- Jupiter transits Scorpio, from 13:36 to 15:08°. Jupiter is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for the law, publishing, teaching, education, advisory roles and religious organizations.
- Venus transits its own sign, Libra, from 12:49 to 18:30°. Venus is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. Venus remains in Libra until Jan. 1st. This is favorable for law, women, romance, luxuries, medicine, education, entertainment and the fine, healing and performing arts.
Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 15:04 to 15:52°. Saturn is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This connects law, religion and education with the elderly, the poor and needy, immigrants, and working-class persons.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, 03:06 to 02:55°. Those persons with 2 to 4° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 2 to 4°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be careful and patient. Note: Rahu and Ketu are stationary in the 2-degree ranges Dec. 19 – Feb. 22. This stationary position typically indicates prolonged stressful events. Case in point: The Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill that ran from April to September 2010.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Focus on income, friendships and siblings. These remain associated with father and religious figures, travel, research, good fortune, delays and setbacks. Expect some relief with your children, education and investments. Enjoy partnership and joint venture – but remain vigilant with debts, disputes and health issues through Dec.
- Taurus: Connect property, vehicles and home life with partnerships. Expect an improvement with your children, education and investments. Make work-related decisions and focus on research. There may be both career expenses or a windfall. Debts, disputes and health issues have some protection through Dec.
- Gemini: Expect some relief in a few days and more relief in Jan. Remain vigilant with property, vehicles and home life. Issue with health, authority figures and independent projects start to improve, while income and friendships continue to fluctuate. Be creative and expect progress with through Dec.
- Cancer: Expect an improvement with communications and independent projects. Continue to connect work with research and knowledge – and remain patient with setbacks. Take care of your status through mid-Jan. Your best bet is home life (redecorate) and/or a new car before Jan.
- Leo: Expect an improvement with your status. Shift your focus from property, vehicles and home life to your children, education and investments — and connect these with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures. Re-double your efforts with communications and independent projects through Dec.
- Virgo: Expect some relief and an improvement with your own self-efforts. Focus on independent projects in teaching, publishing, and consulting through Dec. Continue to safeguard against debts or disputes with marriage, windfalls, or inheritance. Enjoy your status and family life through Dec.
- Libra: Expect an improvement with recent losses, expenses, separations and sleep patterns. Shift your attention to independent projects and connect these with income, friendships, children, education and investments. Focus on beauty and the fine, healing and performing arts through Dec.
- Scorpio: Expect an improvement with income, friendships and siblings. There should also be protection with debts, disputes or health issues. Be patient at work – and focus on writing, business, technology and communications. Sleep patterns and long-distance ventures should go your way through Dec.
- Sagittarius: Expect some improvement with your career, but continue to be patient at work through Dec. Focus on leadership through mid-Jan. Children, education, investments, independent projects and “service to others” remain forefront. Enjoy income and friendships through Dec.
- Capricorn: Expect an improvement with father figures and while traveling. Be careful with marriage, and windfalls and to avoid accidents through mid-Jan. There may be gains and losses with income, friendships, siblings, property, vehicles and family life. Earn from communications and enjoy your work through Dec.
- Aquarius: Expect an improvement with marriage, windfalls and research – but continue to be patient at work and careful to avoid accidents. Enjoy income and friendships connected with joint-ventures through mid-Jan. Focus on communications and independent projects. Divine grace is on your side through Dec.
- Pisces: Be patient with losses, expenses and separations until Dec. 23rd – but expect an improvement with relationships through Dec. Be vigilant with your career through mid-Jan to manage debts, disputes and authority figures. Teach, publish and advise. Enjoy research, marriage and windfalls through Dec.
About the Author: David Hawthorne