Planetary Transits for August 30 – September 5
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Leo, from 12:40 to 19:27°. Sun is in good strength and is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This is favorable for leaders, physicians, administrators and governments. (It is a fitting tribute that during this time Senator John McCain is being honored by U.S. senators and former presidents and vice presidents.)
- Moon is waning and transits Pisces, Aries, Taurus and Gemini.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 04:32 to 05:07°. This brings some relief relative to floods, wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, violence, and the extreme weather patterns worldwide since May. (Rahu and Ketu, however, remain stationary at 11° until Sept. 11th — which has been extending problems.)
- Mercury transits out of Cancer and into Leo, September 2nd at 10:26 a.m. CDT. Mercury is under the 8th aspect of Mars, Sept. 1 – 8. This connects stocks, business, computers, technology and communications with property, engineering, the military, and executive decisions. (Watch for president Trump to make significant decisions.)
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 22:48 to 23:47°. Jupiter is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord) Venus, which is weak in degrees until Sept. 8th. This may undermine issues with law, women, religion, luxuries, education and entertainment.
- Venus transits out of its debilitation sign, Virgo, and into its own sign, Libra, on Sept. 1st at 12:57 p.m. CDT. Venus is weak in degrees until Sept. 8th. Venus will have an unusually long duration in Libra (Sept. 1st – Jan. 1st). This should be a very good transit worldwide. (More on the impact of Venus for each rising sign next week.)
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 08:28 to 08:25°. Saturn is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This connects law, education and religious values with the elderly, poor and needy, and working-class persons. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 6th.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 11:24 to 11:16°. Rahu and Ketu remain stationary in the 11:00°range until Sept 11th. This 11-week period is not ideal worldwide. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Be patient for a few days and then expect relief with property, vehicles, home life, partnerships, and joint ventures. Focus on your career through Oct. Make decisions and consider property matters at work. Expect success with your children, education and investments. Think big. Invest in gold, bonds or medical organizations.
- Taurus: Be patient for few days and then expect an improvement with your mind, children, education and investments. Enjoy property, vehicles, and home life. Work out of your home on writing, business and communications. Focus on research at work, but be vigilant to manage conflicts and setbacks through mid-Oct.
- Gemini: Enjoy entrepreneurial ventures and focus on writing, business and communications. Connect with authority figures and large organizations. Expect a lift with children, education and investments – relative to partnerships, entertainment and the arts. Income and friendships remain vulnerable to setbacks through Oct.
- Cancer: Enjoy your status and family life. Speak up as an authority figure. Work on writing, business, technology, and communications. Be patient for a few days with property, vehicles and home life, and then expect improvement. Connect your career with partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands through Oct. (And, happy birthday, to my dear brother, Galen!)
- Leo: Focus on power and leadership. Enjoy your health and status. Be patient with communications and independent projects for a few days and then expect a lift with these — relative to women, luxuries, entertainment and the arts. Issues for father and religious figures and younger brothers are likely through Oct.
- Virgo: Be patient for a few days and then expect a lift with your status and family life. Consider a retreat, ashram, foreign land or long-distance venture through mid-Sept. Expenses and separations are likely. Take care of your children, education and investments through Oct. These are vulnerable to setbacks.
- Libra: Be patient for a few days and then expect a BIG LIFT. Get a haircut, buy new clothes and consider a day spa. Gain from father and authority figures and large organizations. Recent expenses and separations at work begin to dissipate. Connect partnerships with property, vehicles and home life through Oct.
- Scorpio: Focus on work. Take a leadership position and connect with authority figures and large organizations. Ask for a raise or promotion; you may get an award or recognition. Work on writing, finance, and business. A retreat or long-distance venture is possible in Sept. Be vigilant with communications and entrepreneurial ventures through Oct.
- Sagittarius: Enjoy good fortune and connect with father, religious and authority figures. Be patient for a few days and then expect a lift with your career, income and friendships. Teach, publish and advise through mid-Oct. Take care to manage highs and lows with your mind, children, education and investments through Oct.
- Capricorn: Be patient for a few days and then expect a lift with your work. Marriage and windfalls are on your side through mid-Sept. Father and religious figures may be vulnerable. Focus on property, vehicles and home life through Oct. There may be status abroad and/or expenses and separations for the next 17 months.
- Aquarius: Be patient for a few days and then expect a lift with your life’s work, income and friendships. Expect highs and lows with marriage, partnerships, and long-distance ventures through mid-Sept. Connect independent projects with ashrams, prisons, hospitals, institutions or foreign lands through Oct.
- Pisces: Expect things to go your way with health, finances, and legal issues through mid-Sept. On the other hand, your partner may be vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues through Sept. 18. Gain from property and your executive skills. Be patient with work and focus on knowledge through mid-Oct.
About the Author: David Hawthorne